Site is EXTREMELY SLOW !

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no problem with the speed here at all. High speed internet is only one part of having a fast internet, do you do maintenance on your pc? ..... Try cleaning out your cashe and see if that helps, also do you run spy checks, defrag your hard drive?

OP
OP
C

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
All of that is done on a regular basis. Nothing shows up in virus/spyware scans, etc. Of course, I will re-check everything, but this site is the only one I am having problems with. You wouldn't believe the slow response in just getting these typed words to show up.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will check with site admins, something is causing it. What browser are you using? I really have no problem with the speed here, if site was slow it should be slow for all of us........

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Internet Explorer ? was the worst for me

Firefox Still slow but twice as fast as IE

What are you using ?

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only time I have trouble with the speed on here, is if I have sevaral different sites open at the same time, outher wise no problems.:tongue3:

SS

OP
OP
C

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
I am using IE8 . Just did some extra scans with zero problems detected. Not running anything extra but e mail program . This is only site that is slow. Internet speed tests are average for what I have. If I find anything , I will post it. Thanks.

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe your computer is slow, i use this site both on my windows based pc and on my ipad with wi-fi connection. i've never had any problem with this site bieng "slow". it mite just be your computers processor speed.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I am using garbage AT&T dsl internet and it really isn't that slow for me.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IE7 and IE8 both have problems with speed on this site. We've tried to fix it, and nothing we do seems to make a dent. It is a problem with IE and it's broken compatability.

The site works great with every other browser... Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and everything else in between :(

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I agree, maybe too many people are on here at same time? Is on flat sandy soil yet?

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
C

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
IE7 and IE8 both have problems with speed on this site. We've tried to fix it, and nothing we do seems to make a dent. It is a problem with IE and it's broken compatability.

The site works great with every other browser... Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and everything else in between :(

I guess that must be what's wrong. It was much faster with the old format. I don't have this problem on any other websites I visit.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange how it doesnt affect all users the same, I'm using IE8 ecployer and I have no issues with speed at all...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange how it doesnt affect all users the same, I'm using IE8 ecployer and I have no issues with speed at all...

are you on a Business connection ?

I'm on what Comcast calls High Speed Internet

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im on cable, Bright house Turbo.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Extremely slow for me too, and missing part of the page, no adds and a few other things are missing, just blank. Im on the other side of the world, so dont know if the issues are connected. Also a few other sites I cannot log into, hotmail, etc.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Extremely slow for me too, and missing part of the page, no adds and a few other things are missing, just blank. Im on the other side of the world, so dont know if the issues are connected. Also a few other sites I cannot log into, hotmail, etc.

Try the alternate skin? See if it's any better... also we do have the mobile device access via our app if you have another device.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The skin john is talking about is found on home page, lower left side. The default skin is the pro, try the other skin, it is close to the old sites look and feel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread