Want Charter Membership, Will NOT use PayPal - Help!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can check out at paypal with a credit or debit card with a paypal account

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doesn't help me Rick. I won't use PayPal. They cheated me once, and I won't support them. I was a custom knife seller on ebay (Red Star) from the early to mid 2000s, and after I sold a $4,000.00 custom knife to a fellow that got buyer's remorse they froze my account and refunded his money even though he USED the knife and sent it back to me, costing me to lose over $1,000.00 in value on that knife. They won't see another cent from me.

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand your frustration with them. Seems like it is mostly sellers who have pp issues. They do seem to lean to the buyers side. I have not had issues buying w/ pp as a payment means (where's some wood to knock).

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry I have used postal money orders, and money orders from Walmart work when I don't want to give up my CC or bank information. I also quit selling and buying on Ebay due to paypal. Once you give up that bank info, even if people make a mistake, you have a process to try and recover that money. I discussed this with my bank and was told to open a new account. I don't know if anyone else has been scammed on the internet, but the crooks are out there. Do not give up your bank info except to reputable people. I think that may be why a lot of folks don't go premium. I too am in the same boat. This is a good post, and I think there will be many who share the same problem.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

AryanBlakston

Apr 18, 2019
Jamestown, New York
Detector(s) used
FisherM-Scope 1236- X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen to that Terry..I also got ripped off by PayPal with a transaction thru EBAY.
One month after I received a final notice from Ebay with an accounting of how the money was distributed(PayPal got their $35 up front) PayPal went back into my bank account and literally stole another $35 one whole month after the transaction was successfully finished. I still have all the verifying Emails and online banking printouts to prove it.
I have also received information from other Ebay users that this happened to them also. PayPal is a criminal organization that steals when you least expect it. Good luck trying to get your money back from them they have a firewall of bot menus that dump you out of their system everytime yo try to follow prompts to resolve any issue. They are unreachable and indifferent to any attempts to contact them.In fact Ebay now offers alternative payment routes specifically because of this reported problem. BUYER BEWARE.

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the main reason I haven't gone charter. Started to do it a while back and saw the only method was paypal so I didn't do it.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_teacher.gif
Hope this helps.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/help/390719-charter-membership-payment.html

For members who do not like using paypal or credit cards.

1 Year Charter Membership - Just $20.00 for an entire year!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by JohnDroid
The mailing address is:

Forum Foundry, Inc.
Attn: TreasureNet.com
PO Box 3503
Cedar Park, TX, 78613

Be sure to include your username and that it is for charter membership here.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they take checks. Mailing address is in VPNavy post.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info on paypal and tnet payment

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, I sent in a check as per VP'S instruction, worked out fine. And a thank you to vpnavy.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Umm, he said sheepishly, I patched things up with PayPal since I originally posted this. Unfortunately, I just can't do business online without it. I still HATE some of their policies but I'm powerless. 8-)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well then put on a skirt sissy

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Umm, he said sheepishly, I patched things up with PayPal since I originally posted this. Unfortunately, I just can't do business online without it...
tn_metal_detector.gif
You aren't alone! I can't imagine how difficult it would be not to use PayPal. I have been tempted to stop using them but dang it turns into a pain in the butt without them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread