Need infor about new posts

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Need infor about 'new posts'

When I'm looking at the 'new posts', I sometimes click on one to read/reply to it. After I'm finished and try to go back to the 'new posts' page that I left, IT'S GONE! Am I doing something wrong, is the site programmed this way, or am I just missing something? I believe that I have missed some of the 'new posts' because of this. Also if I go back a page or two (in the 'new posts') to look at something that I wanted to see again, I can't find it. If I leave the 'new posts' page and go to read a post and go back to the page that I left, can I no longer see that post again without going to the proper forum and finding it there? And then if I don't know what forum that it was in, then I'm just lost. Also sometimes I try to go to the next page and I get a message that there are no more new posts. But, (sometimes) if I try again I can get to the next page. Sometimes I have to go back and click on 'new posts' and start over. I really LOVE this forum! I've really enjoyed it; but this frustrates me. Someone please tell what's happinin'!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you click on it it is no longer "new post", new post means unread by you...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can click on your profile & "view forum posts". It will show all 101 posts/replies that you posted.

OP
OP
texasred777

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK! Thanks guys!

OP
OP
texasred777

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also, I would like to know why sometimes I try to go to the 'next page' and it shows that no more new posts are available when I know that more are there; several more page numbers are shown. This morning, I scanned down the posts, clicked on one that was on page 3 (I believe; may have been 4), made a reply, and then went back to the 'new posts' page that I had left (number 3/4). I clicked on the next page number and I got the message that no more new posts were available. I went back a couple of more pages and then clicked on the number 6 page. I got the same message, that no more were available. I believe that page 9 or 10 was shown; but could get to them. I clicked on 'NEW POSTS" and started over. Before I started over, the last post was shown to be about 9 p.m. on the 4th. When I started over, I was able to go all the way back to 8 a.m. on the 4th. Am I staying away from the 'new posts' listing too long to cause this or ???

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this on pc or phone ap?

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
texasred777

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's on the PC.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I like reading a variety of stuff so my preferred button is the one that says "active topics". Similar to "new posts" but they don't disappear until nobody has commented on them for awhile. Try it, you'll like it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
texasred777

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! I'll try the 'active topics' in the morning. I just finished this morning's 'new posts'.

OP
OP
texasred777

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I checked the 'active topics' this morning. They're ok; but, not nearly as much info as the 'new posts'. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
texasred777

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I checked the 'active topics' first and then the 'new posts'. When I got to page 13 on the 'new posts', I clicked on the 'things that can be used as weapons' that Deepseeker had posted. I made a reply and then returned to page 13. When I got to the bottom of page 13, I saw the last post was 'Had the police call on me today' on 3/7 @ 3:03 p.m.. Pages 14 and 15 showed beside 13 at the bottom. When I clicked on 14, I got the message that there were no more post. I clicked back to 13 and tried again, same thing. Went back to 13 and tried for 15, same thing. I went back to 12 and tried 14, same thing. I went back to 11 and could not get back to 12! I clicked on 'new posts' again. It started at today 9:09 a.m. with 'New to treasurenet from pa'. I scrolled through page 1, then 2, then 3. At the bottom of page 3, the last post was 'found 6' cross under blacktop' at 3:01 a.m.. From there I clicked on page 6, then 9, then 12, 13, and then on 14 I found the "Had the police call on me today' on 3/7 @ 3:03 p.m.. I scrolled on down to the bottom of page 14, which showed 'Gold and mineral assay ID' on 3/7 @ 12:42 p.m.. Then I clicked on page 15, scrolled and clicked on 16. Page 16 only had 8 posts on it. The last was '8 reasons potatoes ---'.
I don't know if this a problem that needs to be dealt with or not. If I miss a post or 20+, it's no biggy; but I am wondering if I'm causing these 'errors' or if it's in the THet programming. No, I don't really like missing a post now and then; but I believe I'll live over it. If I don't live over it, well--I don't guess that's a big deal either! lol lol I have really enjoyed this forum and actually I spend WAY more time on it than I should! But, as I said: I enjoy it!

OP
OP
texasred777

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was checking the 'new posts' this morning. I clicked on one about the 'Nam, Korean, Cambodia wars, and the Kent State shootings. I watched the 2 videos about the Kent State incident, then hit the back button to go back to the 'new posts'. There were no more posts! I tried a couple of more times, but couldn't get back to ANY previous pages. I started over in the 'new posts' and scanned down to some of the previous ones that I recognized. I went on 'til I had checked all that was left. It had 'deleted' almost 4 pages when it 'hiccupped'. I'm wondering if I should post this on some other forum so it will be posted in the 'new posts' and see if anyone else is having this trouble.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think as a charter member you see post "Live' as they are posted. I enjoy watching this sometimes. Have you tried the refresh button on your PC?

OP
OP
texasred777

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It just happened again. I was scanning page 5 or 11, clicked on one of the posts, wrote a reply, clicked back, and got the 'no new posts' page. I tried refreshing, backing up to page 5 and clicking on 6, backing up to page 4 and clicking page 5, and couldn't even get back to page 5! I lost 6 pages. I will go back and click on 'new posts' again and start over; but this is a bit frustrating.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just happened again. I was scanning page 5 or 11, clicked on one of the posts, wrote a reply, clicked back, and got the 'no new posts' page. I tried refreshing, backing up to page 5 and clicking on 6, backing up to page 4 and clicking page 5, and couldn't even get back to page 5! I lost 6 pages. I will go back and click on 'new posts' again and start over; but this is a bit frustrating.

I may be wrong but I believe "New Posts" means posts since you last logged in, if you post it resets counter and will only show any new posts after your latest post...

Last edited:
OP
OP
texasred777

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This doesn't happen most of the time when I post. Is there possibly a 'time out' or time limit as to how long you can leave the 'new posts' page before things reset? As I stated, I can start over by clicking the 'new posts' again and most time, I can go all the way to the end.
Oh well, enough. I'll just except it as fact that it's not gonna be solved. Doesn't really matter a whole lot. It's taking too much of everybody's time trying to figure it out. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread