Weird new problem with replies

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Does it to me some times .....i think it`s normal if you linger on the post .
Gary

It did take a little bit for me to write the post I made, had to go back and edit it... Maybe that is it?

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had a new experience on a post on the "Diggers" thread. I hit the post button and it told me that this site requires 15 seconds between posts and to wait 14 seconds and try again????? It was the first time I have posted today...... I think eh, glictch, nbd. Okay so I wait, reread my post and post again and sure enough, BAM!! Double post???? Grrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not every time.
for me it seems to happen
when I spend a little extra time composing my post

but sill not every time

Agree this seems to be the main cause of this issue, along with not checking "keep me signed in box" when I log in,

For example, I get up in the morning, sign in with out checking the keep me logged in check box, click on the new post button.. 9 pages of new post. Now I go through all nine pages, opening any new thread I want to read in a new tab. 9 pages later I now have like 30 or 40 new open tabs I want to read. as I go through them I guess my login times out, and causes this problem. This does not happen If I remember to check the "keep me logged in button next to the login information.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree this seems to be the main cause of this issue, along with not checking "keep me signed in box" when I log in, For example, I get up in the morning, sign in with out checking the keep me logged in check box, click on the new post button.. 9 pages of new post. Now I go through all nine pages, opening any new thread I want to read in a new tab. 9 pages later I now have like 30 or 40 new open tabs I want to read. as I go through them I guess my login times out, and causes this problem. This does not happen If I remember to check the "keep me logged in button next to the login information.

I always stay logged in.
Only exception is when I clean my Cache & accidentally delete the cookie for here.
in which case I immediately log back in & tic the the keep me logged in box.

So I can't say that is part of the problem fore sure

OP
OP
NHBandit

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Junk again tonight. This time I get the "do I want to stay or leave the page" message and it also double posted. Had to delete the duplicate response.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got it too last night on a lengthy posts.
Nothing today on my short little mew mew mews.

deodra

Mar 13, 2014
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
They were stolen
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK so the past couple of days nearly every time I reply to a post as soon as I hit the reply button after typing my post I first get a box that pops up and asks me if I want to stay on the current page or leave it ? Then no matter which I choose I get a new message that says it's a duplicate of a post I just made ? I have to hit refresh and when it finally takes me to the page there is only 1 post from me. I'm certainly not new here and not doing anything different than I ever have so what's the deal ? NSA monitoring all my posts ? Admins ? Aliens ? Weird stuff.... :icon_scratch:

Likewise. Different browsers exhibit the same behaviour. It's driving me nuts.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today there has been a new problem. I keep getting notifications for the same post ( not mine ).

OP
OP
NHBandit

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I sure wish they would fix this.. Now today and a couple times yesterday when I reply it goes to a completely blank screen. When I hit refresh I get the box that tells me my post is a duplicate of a post I just made and I have to choose whether to stay on the page or leave. Staying results in a double post. Choosing to "leave the page" takes me back to the blank screen. So I chose "stay" and it double posted and then I had to delete one. I agree that it seems to be related to how long it takes you to finish your reply. I was adding pictures this time when it happened. This is getting old. I expect it will happen again when I post this... OK so that's weird.. This post took awhile to type but it didn't happen

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have noticed that it won't automatically subscribe me to threads when it gives me one of those "leave page" notices, even though it posts my message.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have noticed that it won't automatically subscribe me to threads when it gives me one of those "leave page" notices, even though it posts my message.

Yeah, I have that problem too.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happens to me too, very annoying

yes it is