Why am I no longer getting emails to subscribed threads?

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's a gmail problem. I just got an email in response to a post in a thread that was made at 1:00 pm today. First time in weeks. It was put into my spam folder. Maybe gmail is thinking it's spam

forgetaboudit

Feb 15, 2014
Milwaukee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not just a gmail issue
I have hotmail and I have a problem as well

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and I've checked my gmail spam a dozen times over the past couple of months

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Admins report they see email notifications going out for threads. Some providers block what they think is junk mail sent from spam servers.

They see the notification emails as junk mail due to quantity sent from same servers. Don't know all that do so but AOL, Gmail and hot mail do

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last word I received, Admin is looking into another Option,
and as of the last few days EMail is now being sent directly from the server.
which should help some until a Permanent fix can be made

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's not a matter of spam filtering. As I noted in a previous post I own my own servers and have direct control of all filtering. These emails are not hitting my servers at all.

I have seen an improvement in the last two days. A few notices are being sent now that are not strictly from admins. That being said some of the admin responses don't make it to my server and many threads are never updated at all. I do understand the one time notice restriction and have taken that into consideration.

Thanks for looking into this. If I can help let me know.

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got an email about replies to this thread. What it has come down to for me is that there are two moderators that have replied to this thread, and a handful of other members. I have received two notifications since starting this thread, and they have both come whenever moderator Treasure_Hunter replies, but not when moderator jeff_of_pa replies, and never when any other member replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got an email about replies to this thread. What it has come down to for me is that there are two moderators that have replied to this thread, and a handful of other members. I have received two notifications since starting this thread, and they have both come whenever moderator Treasure_Hunter replies, but not when moderator jeff_of_pa replies, and never when any other member replies.

I'm using a smartphone..

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I check my junk folder all the time too and never see these emails in there either. Thanks for looking into the issue.

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got an email about that most recent reply too after messing with my account settings. Do me a favor - next person to read this write a reply. I want to see if this keeps working because I think I might be onto something here.

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn.... nothing. I changed my default settings to "instant email reply" rather than choosing that on the thread itself. That was the only reply not from a moderator that has given me an email, but Clay's didn't....

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got an email about these last two replies here... I think it would be interesting to see if everyone participating in this thread signed up for notifications to see if we are all getting them or not getting them at the same time, or if it differs by user. For example, I'm subscribed to this thread, but if other people are too, did anyone else get an email from that last set of two replies above this one? Did anybody get an email about this reply I'm submitting?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get any notifications on Tapatalk either.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I am getting them on tapatalk It is first option at top of screen where you check for messages...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread