Jun 15, 2013
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last week or so I've been having trouble uploading photos to this site. I open up the basic uploader window, select the photo and when I click upload the page freezes. It's gotten to be a pain and it doesn't happen with upoads on other sites. What's the problem?

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same problem here, for the last 4 days. Ask about here it yesterday, in 2 different forums, Not one reply................I guess Its not my circus, not my monkeys attitude. Just renewed my charter membership, I wont again, next year........................very frustrated!!! No problem uploading on any other sites either!!!!

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried deleting my history, cookies and temp files to see if it would help to no avail. It seems some people are getting photos uploaded so it's a bit frustrating.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did the same, loged out, back in Restored settings on my computer, everything I am able to do..........................no results!!! I also see others are able to upload:BangHead:
I tried deleting my history, cookies and temp files to see if it would help to no avail. It seems some people are getting photos uploaded so it's a bit frustrating.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am having the same problem with uploading photo's. I choose the pic I want and when I click on Upload, the screen freezes. No amount of clicking anywhere changes anything. I have to chose another program to get out of Tnet.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Exactly!!!!!
I am having the same problem with uploading photo's. I choose the pic I want and when I click on Upload, the screen freezes. No amount of clicking anywhere changes anything. I have to chose another program to get out of Tnet.

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Exactly right. I have to open up the task manager to close the program. I'm hoping someone from tnet comes up with an answer.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been reported to admins.

Suggestion when you post a new thread on an issue your having, report it too just like your reporting a rules violation, other wise you have to wait for a mod to stumble on thread, especially on weekends..

Last edited:

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah...same here. I had three frozen windows going at once. This was using the "quick reply" box. It did restore my text with the auto-save though...

I ended up having to use photobucket, and embed it.

WERA689

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Testing.....

Attachments

• KingKenny.jpg
    KingKenny.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 77

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you uploading from desktop, laptop or smartphone?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am having this trouble on laptop.:BangHead:

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using a desktop I am having the same freeze up problems and as others have commented on other sites no problems uploading. Seems to be some little glitches some where...

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Desktop, also tried my wife's laptop................same results!!!!

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm using a desktop with Windows Home Premium, i5 3.00 GHz processor, 8GB Ram and 64 bit operating system.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not our computers guys and gals but the website. I hate the freeze up and nothing works after that. :censored:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just tried again.......................complete freeze up, had to re start computer:BangHead: Went to another site and uploaded pic, first try!!!!!

Last edited:

veraderock

Jan 31, 2012
Detector(s) used
sense of smell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried testing uploads from both a Mac and a Windows machine, and under multiple users. The uploads is working. One thing I noticed was under Windows Internet Explorer, with a certain security setting I'd have to use the older manage attachments popup which doesn't give an upload status indicator, meaning you don't see anything happening while the file is uploading. With a larger picture it may take a while to upload the picture during which time it might look like it's frozen as the screen is just sitting there loading. However if your browser is modern within the last few years, and you are running JavaScript and don't have high security settings which can also interfere with the popup window, then you shouldn't have to use that old basic uploader.

Another possible issue is that there may be an advertisement running on the page causing a script conflict that is hanging up your browser. I haven't come across one in testing, but the thing with advertisements is that they can be targeted geographically and to specific browsers / OSes, etc.. So, some users may be experiencing an issue caused by a bad advertisement which does happen on occasion, but the only way we can address that is to know specifically which ads were running on the page at the time. We don't manage the ads, we just run a Google AdSense tag that randomly serves up ads from it's own roster. In this case, we really need to see a screen grab of the entire page when the freeze happens.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread