Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On other forums when I use the ignore feature, I am no longer able to see that person's posts and threads, and they are no longer able to see mine. But here on T-net I am still seeing posts and threads that are being put up by someone I have on ignore. Why is that?
Per admins. .

It is not a core feature of the forum software, at some point someone added the functionality via a plugin to the software. The description of the plugin states the following:

"This product eliminates ignored threads in the New Posts listings only, they are still listed in Today's Posts and in their forums."

Ignore should only be ignoring the threads/forums on that "New Posts" page only? A test was done where we ignored a new member thread, then used a test user (veronious) to add a post to the thread, and under my admin and mod account the thread was ignored..

In other words it only works on "New Posts" page....

OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure I understand, so let me ask, does this mean ignored people are still visible to me on the website? I was hoping it would work the same of other forums so I simply never see anything that person posts again. Which is what ignoring someone is all about! lol

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure I understand, so let me ask, does this mean ignored people are still visible to me on the website? I was hoping it would work the same of other forums so I simply never see anything that person posts again. Which is what ignoring someone is all about! lol
It only works on the "New Posts," page, if you go into a different forum it doesn't work, if you always access the posts you want to read from the "New Posts," page then it works, it nevered worked on quotes and it never stopped the other member from seeing your posts.

OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still seeing people on the active topics page that I have on ignore though, thus my questions on this...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still seeing people on the active topics page that I have on ignore though, thus my questions on this...
It only works on the "new post" page... Is that what your referring to?

I'm not at desktop at moment on a smartphone since not home.

Upper left corner just below "HOME" is "NEW POSTS" Icon that is where it works...

Last edited:
OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I click on the "active topics" button, I am still seeing threads that are being started by people I have on ignore. That is what I was trying to figure out.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I click on the "active topics" button, I am still seeing threads that are being started by people I have on ignore. That is what I was trying to figure out.
From my post above " Upper left corner just below "HOME" is "NEW POSTS" Icon, that is where it works...".....Ignore feature only works when using "New Posts" icon to read posts from...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread