TresureNet site not displaying properly in FireFox.....

InAustralia.Jones

Mar 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
MineLab - GP3000, GPX4500, GPX5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am using the same version and have no problems. Might be something to do with your settings.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you are blocking advertising images
(I'm not sure what the proper Phrase is in the security settings)
this may remove the banner and some other images.
this happened to me a few years ago.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm using version 45.0.1 right now and it is fine. My only modification to that is the installation of Ghostery for ad blocking.

In addition I use ZoneAlarm as a firewall, Super Anti-Spyware and Avast Internet Security for virus protection.

Nightly I have my PC set to perform a disk de-fragmentation. My anti-spyware and virus protection are realtime, but I also perform regular manual checks. I've still been popped here and there but it's a rare event, every couple of years or more. The major issue most people overlook is the continuing maintenance of your PC. I'm also very wary of just where I surf to, I keep it clean.

I keep installed software to the minimum, just what I use and very little else. Some of my software is over 20 years old, it works, does what it is intended to do. I don't install new stuff, and the only game I play is the Solitaire in Windows.

AND, I will stick with Windows 7 until it no longer works. I've had a home PC for 32 years now. There was a time when I was wild, but now I guess I'd say that I long ago stopped "playing" with them, and now just use them and keep it straight up. I used my last two PC's for over 5 years each without cracking the case, until they just died on their own. I also take my house current through 2 UPS's in series.

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I will interject further, as I just remembered that when I first upgraded to 45.0.1 it screwed me up, didn't work right. I had to re-install it and Ghostery.

That may be your problem.

OP
OP
InAustralia.Jones

InAustralia.Jones

Mar 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm using version 45.0.1 right now and it is fine. My only modification to that is the installation of Ghostery for ad blocking.

Hi and thanks everyone, I found the problem, it's an addon i have installed called "Google Disconnect", i disabled this addon and the site displays the images correctly.

OP
OP
InAustralia.Jones

InAustralia.Jones

Mar 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In addition I use ZoneAlarm as a firewall, Super Anti-Spyware and Avast Internet Security for virus protection.

My system is set up slightly more advanced, my internet connection is coupled to 2 "Network Box" 's, they are highly advanced firewall and intrusion protection systems with a rotating password that cycles every 40 seconds in tandem, I've been using this system since 2000 in Australia, I have many production servers and development systems to protect. I'm not quite sure who started the company, but there seems to be a Network Box company in most countries.

For more info: https://www.network-box.com/

Thanks

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Deepseeker, I still have one of the old Compaq portables - you know, the one that was the size of a suitcase. Just no 5 1/4" floppies anymore! ...Think it's still worth anything?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Deepseeker, I still have one of the old Compaq portables - you know, the one that was the size of a suitcase. Just no 5 1/4" floppies anymore! ...Think it's still worth anything?

I'd say it may be sooner than you think. Look at what those old Apples are selling for now. And that was one hefty hunk to carry around, actually a pain in the butt.

I have plenty 5 1/4 floppies if you need any :) They've all got files on them, but you'd need to re-format them anyway.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My system is set up slightly more advanced, my internet connection is coupled to 2 "Network Box" 's, they are highly advanced firewall and intrusion protection systems with a rotating password that cycles every 40 seconds in tandem, I've been using this system since 2000 in Australia, I have many production servers and development systems to protect. I'm not quite sure who started the company, but there seems to be a Network Box company in most countries.

That's pretty heavy duty, far beyond the needs of normal folks. For citizens in their homes the most important security is in just how they use their computer. The internet is free to go looking for trouble.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use standard NSA cellwalls. No problemo

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd say it may be sooner than you think. Look at what those old Apples are selling for now. And that was one hefty hunk to carry around, actually a pain in the butt.

I have plenty 5 1/4 floppies if you need any :) They've all got files on them, but you'd need to re-format them anyway.

My dad began working at Compaq when it was still Gateway Technologies (no, not the same as Gateway Computers). I worked there until the first big (1,500+ person) layoff, then worked for one of their vendors as Assy Line Supervisor.

Thanks for the offer on the floppies - I'll keep it in mind!! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread