fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep getting an error message saying a script has stopped running or something else that I can't remember. Whatever is happening has greatly slowed down my computer but only on this site. I have tried the stop running this script and it didn't help. Then I tried the debugger but I don't have any idea what it did and when I closed it the problem returned. Again, this problem only happens on this site.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the message I am getting.

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: http://tpc.googlesyndication.c…p=http://www.treasurenet.com:0

This is really slowing down my computer on this website. Is there any way to fix it?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine's working at lightning speed. Run your antivirus and Malwarebytes. Something probably is in there that's not supposed to be.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I can't open this link. I'll try copy and paste and if that doesn't work I'll manually enter the address. I tried it all the ways I mentioned and got the same resulting error message. "Problem Loading Page; Server Not Found".

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been struggling with the same problem but only on T-net.
It totally bogs down my P.C. and I have to push "stop script" half a dozen times before it will leave me alone, while a get a frozen screen.
Firefox is the worst but it happens on Chrome also except it doesn't freeze up as bad. Makes no difference if I'm logged in or not.
Flashplayer is crashing only on account of the stupid ads and has nothing to do with the content of the forum.
I gave up on several posts because of this problem.
Will be watching this thread with interest!

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been happening for me as well. I thought it was and issue with Win 10 and Firefox. Maybe not.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been reported to admins........

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have any problem with it on my laptop running windows 7. Only on my desktop with 10. I really don't like windows 10 and I wish I had 7 on my desktop as well.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm using Windows 7 pro on my desktop. I haven't had it happen in 4 days since I set up Shockwave Flash to ask me for permission to run.
I did the same to "NPRuntime script plug-in Library for Java (TM) Deploy." I'll see if this actually worked or if the problem comes back again.
So far so good.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
This has been an issue for me, for a long-time now , with T'net . Quite annoying :(

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i access TNet using different computers, tablet and smart phone and do not have this issue...

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had any more problem with it after my initial posting. Maybe the administrators worked their magic. If so, many thanks.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spoke too soon. I am getting the same error message again. Plus, I get one saying the shock wave player has quit responding. This only happens on this website. I have tried to type this reply four times and it is just now letting me complete it. Could it be all the sponsored video ads? Does Charter Membership do away with ads? I would gladly upgrade if it would.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Server runs maintenance on early morning hours. If it was server trouble we would be receiving dozens of complaints at the same time...

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm pretty confident that the problem has been fixed by a simple task. On Firefox I went to "Add-ons" at the bottom of the screen. Then to "Plug-ins" and changed the option next to "Shockwave Flash" to ask to activate and I haven't had a problem in over a week.
I know it worked because I got a box twice below my task bar saying that flash player was blocked and gave me the option to allow or keep blocking which did not interfere or bog down my computer.
This happened on a site that was full of ads. Previous to my changes I was getting "script error" almost daily.
If you do not see me post here again, then that means I haven't experienced the problem again.
Cheers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread