WTH is wrong with the forum?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the last 2 days, half of the threads I click on give an error page saying that Treasure Net cannont handle the request. Other people are posting to those threads, but they won't open for me. Some threads are fine, some are impossible. Never seen this problem here before now. It's not random, where a thread works and then doesn't. If a thread won't open, it will never open for me but another one opens just fine.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Same here. TNet has been crashing my iPad! This post when I read it crashed my device.
It's been going on for several days now.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put up two posts, and they blew the main universe to bits.

Third one worked, same topic. Asked the mods to fix or kill the others earlier today. I couldn't get into them to edit and tried two different internet access devices.

Unfortunately, my time machine broke and I couldn't go back and put them right from the get-go.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, it has nothing to do with that.

Need to give examples, with out examples nothing we can do, the only problem we are aware of were the threads with the apostrophe in the titles, which can be corrected by mods editing the titles.... Please report the threads you are referring to....

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
With this E-pad I've hit a thread or the last post on one and left the entire site ....multiple times.
The threads that don't open give me a white screen , but at least I stay on the forum site.

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Saaaay.... youse guys didn't get a new and improved I.T. service did ya?

I know that as soon as our cable company was bought out by a bigger and better company, nothing would work right anymore, but it was new and improved.

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need to give examples, with out examples nothing we can do, the only problem we are aware of were the threads with the apostrophe in the titles, which can be corrected by mods editing the titles.... Please report the threads you are referring to....

So far today, all the treads are opening just fine. If I start seeing the issue again, I'll take some screen shots to show you exactly what I'm seeing and what threads it's affecting.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With this E-pad I've hit a thread or the last post on one and left the entire site ....multiple times.
The threads that don't open give me a white screen , but at least I stay on the forum site.

90% of the time that I am on TNet I am using my verizon tablet and have no issues, I used my tablet to correct the titles with the apostrophes that was causing issues...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Saaaay.... youse guys didn't get a new and improved I.T. service did ya?

I know that as soon as our cable company was bought out by a bigger and better company, nothing would work right anymore, but it was new and improved.
Booted off the site twice in the past few...
I did peek out the window to check for a van with a dish and multiple antenna's on it.
Dang them list's anyway!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
90% of the time that I am on TNet I am using my verizon tablet and have no issues, I used my tablet to correct the titles with the apostrophes that was causing issues...

This is a bizzare device...however I've not noted similar happenings elsewhere but I'll take better notice.
For now I'll just claim a magic touch.....

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have clicked on a few threads and just end up with a blank screen and to re-start Tnet from my bookmarks. I just assumed it was one of those Apostrophe threads!

San Antone

Jun 1, 2014
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star,
Garrett Ace 350,
Fisher Gemini-3
Primary Interest:
Other
Moderators, here is what I got earlier when I opened up a thread in the Peg Leg Forum. I have taken a photo of it and hopefully it posted.
image.jpg

San Antone

Jun 1, 2014
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star,
Garrett Ace 350,
Fisher Gemini-3
Primary Interest:
Other
Photo did not cone out focused. The thread is peg legs black gold nuggets.
Thank you.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff; I am having the same problem here. I click on a Thread and the Screes goes blank. I go back one page to the Forum and click on other Threads and they work fine. I hope you can solve this problem. I've had no problems today ok. PEACE:RONB

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It helps if members post hot link to thread or actual name of thread rather than just say threads don't work...

I corrected 7 threads on Pegleg forum with apostrophe in the titles...

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It happened to me on this thread. Screen only loads partially and then most of the bottom is blank. It locks my iPad up (freezes) and I need to navigate out of the browser by turning off my device and then restart.
Also first happened in the classified section of stuff for sale. The thread was for a Deus for sale by lonewolfe I believe. Here's the link:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...-xp-deus-extras-sale-only-3-5-months-old.html
That was three days ago. Since then it has repeated the mostly blank screen and freeze several times a day on other posts.
Did you guys do a migration to another server?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happened to me on this thread. Screen only loads partially and then most of the bottom is blank. It locks my iPad up (freezes) and I need to navigate out of the browser by turning off my device and then restart.
Also first happened in the classified section of stuff for sale. The thread was for a Deus for sale by lonewolfe I believe. Here's the link:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...-xp-deus-extras-sale-only-3-5-months-old.html
That was three days ago. Since then it has repeated the mostly blank screen and freeze several times a day on other posts.
Did you guys do a migration to another server?

Pretty sure that was one of them I had trouble with, but it loaded fine for me just now.

San Antone

Jun 1, 2014
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star,
Garrett Ace 350,
Fisher Gemini-3
Primary Interest:
Other
I went thru quite a few threads in different forums that had an apostrophe in them and none were opening up. The Peg Leg threads are working now. Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions