My space bar doesn't work here

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the problem as well here, but I also have it on other websites too.... Problem comes and goes..

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't help but wonder....

Ya know, the internet operates on a different language from ours, and we have tools that are "supposed" to speak that language, provided they are set up and programmed correctly. I can't help but wonder if maybe there are glitches in your internet service and, instead of the keystrokes being cached until service is restored (potentially as little as 1millisecond!!), if your internet is set up somehow so that those particular keystrokes somehow get lost in the system. Maybe there's a filter or firewall that needs tweaking. Could that be possible?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't help but wonder....

Ya know, the internet operates on a different language from ours, and we have tools that are "supposed" to speak that language, provided they are set up and programmed correctly. I can't help but wonder if maybe there are glitches in your internet service and, instead of the keystrokes being cached until service is restored (potentially as little as 1millisecond!!), if your internet is set up somehow so that those particular keystrokes somehow get lost in the system. Maybe there's a filter or firewall that needs tweaking. Could that be possible?

Theres no loss of keystrokes, it just refuses to accept the "space bar" until after you hit the enter key. Only happens on TNET forum for me, and only in certain instances, such as if I start a new thread, everything is fine, but when I quote another member's post or use the quick reply feature, I have to take the extra step or else I have no spaces.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Weird. Well, I was hoping to maybe have an idea as cw30909 had the same problem on multiple PC's as well as a smart phone. That would tend to tell me that it is either 1) something to do with the internet, somewhere between your modem and the Tnat servers or 2) operator error, which it doesn't sound like.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still have trouble with PMs. You have to hit "enter" to get the space bar working.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
can i get a mod to help me here, not sure im saying what
i read correctly thanks

not sure still no space bar in the pm reply box still today

found this, at vBulletin, says its chrome browser
and win os, and the WYSIWYG editor glitch
work around is use other editor
i use chrome os on this puter, android phone
chrome browser, other puter win 7 win 10
upgrade chrome browser

suggest read all 4 pgs
https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/for...ar-not-working-on-reply?p=4359358#post4359358

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; Same problem here. It's been aboout 2 weeks now for me. I hope the Admins can fix it. In my case I have to type something first then hit the Enter button and it starts working again BUUUTTT if I try placing the Cursor back into the 1st line it goes right back to rejecting the Space Bar. Then I, like Terry have to use my back arrow key to put a space between each word. I've been keeping my PM replies short because of it. This happens no where else on the Forum. Stay tuned Folks. PEACE:RONB

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Try Firefox browser. I tried Chrome many months ago and HATED it!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can i get a mod to help me here, not sure im saying what
i read correctly thanks

not sure still no space bar in the pm reply box still today

found this, at vBulletin, says its chrome browser
and win os, and the WYSIWYG editor glitch
work around is use other editor
i use chrome os on this puter, android phone
chrome browser, other puter win 7 win 10
upgrade chrome browser

suggest read all 4 pgs
https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/for...ar-not-working-on-reply?p=4359358#post4359358
If all else fails CHEAT! Type your response or what ever in word or notepad. Highlight the text and hit copy. Now go to your reply and hit paste. This solution sent to you from the Windoze 3.1 era...

Oh Terry, You're just out of luck! You're on the wrong side of the continent. E coast keyboards don't work W of the Mississippi..... :tongue3::tongue3:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Type one letter then hit enter, space bar then works, back up they type. It is a simple work around.

November 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Type one letter then hit enter, space bar then works, back up they type. It is a simple work around.

November 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Theproblemisthatweshouldn'thavetohaveaworkaround.Aprofessionallyrunwebsiteshouldfunctioncorrectly.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah?? Try saying that really fast 5 times!! :laughing7:
iwouldntworrytomuchaboutityoucanalwaysfigureoutawa yarounditjustamatteroftime

How's that? :tongue3::tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just happened to me in private messages .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread