Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,
any mid-priced detector is a great start. Consider an American-made one first. I say first, because if you are really into the hobby, as a real passion,
you'll find that someday you'll get another machine as well (mark my words)
Anyway, once you got one, learn the heck outta it! Use-it-a-LOT! Get to know it real well...,
because you'll likely be digging less trash targets, and more good stuff...! really!
Keep that owners manual handy, as you should be reading it OFTEN...!
Good Luck and Happy Hunting, friend!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are some good beginner detectors.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you a ford guy or a chevy guy? How much do you have to spend on a detector? Many detectors lose the ability to correctly ID targets that are 7 to 8 inches deep, other higher end models may ID Correctly at a foot, How deep do you need go and have a good VDI reading? Soil minerization has an affect on depth and ID. If you need depth of a couple feet or more you may need a 2 box detector.

This is the 4th what should detector should I buy post in the past 24 hours. I recon no one searches threads anymore for the info they seek.

Please go to one of the vendor sites and review many manufacturers and models by price range and what your main use will be. I use the Kellyco site since you can review 3 or 4 detectors spec.s side by side.

here is a question back at you. Which is the best race car from the 1960's? there is no best, a car set up to drag race will not win most circle track races and vice versa. You will get answers here from Minelab guys. first texas guys, garret guys and others.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread