Jan 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Rustynailsandscrews

Sep 26, 2014
Salem, NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and a BH 505 that I let friends and relatives I don't like use.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shouldn't have to change anything. Run with no discrimination. Just a piece of advise, smacking stones together to make a spark takes a lot of practice and bloody fingers. Try a piece of flint and iron instead. Just giving you fair warning. :) Once the fire is well established throw the Bounty Hunter into the fire as a sacrifice to the God of fire.

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go-Find 60, Bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the above ststement. My recent bounty hunter tracker IV purchase got me to love bounty hunting (literally just got home from hunting the beach) but it's depth leaves much to be desired. Throw it in the fire and ask the gods to bless you with a better machine.

GGYaDingus

Jan 8, 2017
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The irony (no pun intended) here is what gets me. You're using a very modern tool to find material used in primeval fire-making. Maybe you should do some research and find out how ancient peoples used to locate this type of material? How did they read the land?

Also, screw you anti-bounty hunter guys! Haha :protest: I love my LR Pro!

Last edited:

carl de angelo

Tenderfoot
Nov 17, 2017
dothan al
Detector(s) used
RS discovery 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
me and the wife have a tracker 4, it's half sister R S discovery 2000, and a bic lighter. we're doin just fine.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is nothing wrong with Bounty Hunter detectors. Not everyone needs the bells and whistles offered on other higher end machines to enjoy the hobby. I learned so much about detecting starting out using a lower end machine. I still think the Land Ranger Pro is the best bang for the buck. Most of my treasures were only between 4 to 7 inches deep and could certainly be hit on by a low end machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread