Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a crime not to pay federal income taxes on income, legal or illegal. Sell your treasures in a coin auction house. Good hunting and good luck.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi how much do coins and jewley usually sell for when you hand it over to the museum?
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
questions.gif
2nd - I am a little confused. Are you saying if you donate a find to a museum - how much of its value can you claim on your Income Tax Return?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a crime not to pay federal income taxes on income, legal or illegal. Sell your treasures in a coin auction house. Good hunting and good luck.
Sam Your statement is a tad over kill. Sounds like you're saying the $.77 I eyeballed in parking lots this month should be reported or the black suits are going to be at my door hooking me up for a trip to debtors prison. Just let me say, if they wouldn't let me depreciate my detector when I was audited once, they can't have my pocket change...

Take care out there buddy!!!!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
questions.gif
2nd - I am a little confused. Are you saying if you donate a find to a museum - how much of its value can you claim on your Income Tax Return?
I think that's what he meant. Hope he doesn't think a museum is gonna buy all his stuff????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions