Please help me with notifications.

SorenCoins

Apr 5, 2015
Parker, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go Find 60, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont use this site nearly as much as I want to, because I mainly use CoinTalk for coins, but I also like mineralogy and meteoritics, but I dont use it as much because mmy notifications only alert me of likes and private messages, how can I make it so it alerts me when one responds to a reply of mine or a post?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont use this site nearly as much as I want to, because I mainly use CoinTalk for coins, but I also like mineralogy and meteoritics, but I dont use it as much because mmy notifications only alert me of likes and private messages, how can I make it so it alerts me when one responds to a reply of mine or a post?
teacher.gif
When you create a thread OR reply to a thread - you want to make sure your notifications are set to E-Mail notifications.

Replying to a post...

1. Lower Right Corner of Reply: Hit GO ADVANCED
1.jpg
2. Scroll Down: Hit SUBSCRIPTION
3. Select: INSTANTLY USING EMAIL
2.jpg

Creating a New Post...

1. Scroll Down: Hit SUBSCRIPTION
2. Select: INSTANTLY USING EMAIL
2.jpg

OR - change your Profile to default to INSTANTLY USING EMAIL

3.jpg

Last edited:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's see if I can help, as it is a very good question, and I've kinda discovered after your post, that you can go into
select Bookmark, so later that will get you right to your thread,
then you can check the responses....
No actual heads-up that we want, unfortunately...!
Hopefully, someone has the know-how, to solve our dilemma...!
I will watch along with you for the answer needed.
I spend a lot of time on this forum, and still learning from it,
AND all the members...!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's see if I can help, as it is a very good question, and I've kinda discovered after your post, that you can go into Thread Tools at the top of your thread post, select Bookmark, so later that will get you right to your thread, then you can check the responses....No actual heads-up that we want, unfortunately...! Hopefully, someone has the know-how, to solve our dilemma...! I will watch along with you for the answer needed. I spend a lot of time on this forum, and still learning from it, AND all the members...!
metal_detector.gif
Not sure what you are asking. SorenCoins question was: "...how can I make it so it alerts me when one responds to a reply of mine or a post..." and I provided a solution. Are you asking for a way to get notified for every new thread added to a sub-forum? Or, are you asking to be notified everytime someone responds to a thread you haven't participated in? Not sure what you are trying to do.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
metal_detector.gif
Not sure what you are asking. SorenCoins question was: "...how can I make it so it alerts me when one responds to a reply of mine or a post..." and I provided a solution. Are you asking for a way to get notified for every new thread added to a sub-forum? Or, are you asking to be notified everytime someone responds to a thread you haven't participated in? Not sure what you are trying to do.

SorenCoins got the answer, and so did I...! Thanks! ~Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread