vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_teacher.gif
Not to worry Brian. Those that do not know what HTTP vs HTTPS means - HTTPS scrambles "data" between you and TN which means "snoopers" can't see what is being sent and received by you. HTTPS is normally used when you are processing sensitive information (i.e., bank data, social security numbers, etc.)...

Now, it is easy to move over to HTTPS but the problem is that all the attachments and signature pictures on the site that point to files hosted elsewhere will cause security warnings for our members. In other words, if TN moves over to HTTPS - and a member reads a thread with a members attachment hosted on a different site that doesn't use HTTPS - you will get Security Warning Promps, etc. on your browser. TN is still looking into the pros and cons of moving over.

PullTabSlayer

Jan 31, 2017
Troy Missouri
Detector(s) used
That one I grab for the day.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get the same warning if I sign on with firefox browser, as i type in my name and password a small pop up says this connection is not secure.
Im not banking here so I dont sweat it.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the screen goes to the website not secure dialog box...go to the 'advanced' tab. Here you can add an exception so you wont get the error message any longer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread