Thread Removals Permanently?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't we do not allow it, deleting the first or opening post deleteds everything posted after it, wholesale deleting of posts leaves holes in other peoples threads too. Why are you wanting them removed?

Also, FYI, there is no such thing as removing something "forevermore" from the internet, even when deleted they are still there to be found. I can do a search on a post I deleted and it will still show it even though it was deleted.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocsteddie

Rocsteddie

Jun 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Was thinking that maybe getting rid of old threads would use less data and create more space for future threads. All so would like to know why posted photos become attachments with numbers on older threads and when clicked on all I get is invalid attachment specified? Thanks for info.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don't delete the old threads because they contain useful info. Many times, members use a hosting site rather than TreasureNet to host their pictures and may have edited, altered or removed it from the hosting site, if the path is changed the picture becomes invalid. Just like loading a picture from you pc found in a file on your pc, if you move the picture to a different file the original link becomes broken.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tell ya the man is a genius

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread