bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gold boy,

Well obviously someone decided to do you a favor so just enjoy the benefits. Something to keep in mind down the road there's a term some people use called paying it forward. So if you feel fortunate in life or have a bit of extra money when you get older you do a service for someone less fortunate or not quite as well off.

It's win win you feel good about yourself and you've helped someone else out also and it's good karma.

Regards + HH

Bill

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
I have found gold rings, silver rings, gold earrings, money all with out digging, just picked them up off the ground by keeping my eyes open while walking.

did i not say "show us" ? these days i believe about 5 percent of what i hear and 95 percent of what i see. simply because some of what people find on here or so they claim i have to say to myself how can they be so darn lucky ? and look at what i find ? right ? like these people that get their first metal detector and they go out they're very first time and find a gold ring ? and with diamonds too ? now come on !

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did i not say "show us" ? these days i believe about 5 percent of what i hear and 95 percent of what i see. simply because some of what people find on here or so they claim i have to say to myself how can they be so darn lucky ? and look at what i find ? right ? like these people that get their first metal detector and they go out they're very first time and find a gold ring ? and with diamonds too ? now come on !

I could post them but what does that do, it is just a picture. There is a thread somewhere where I posted it but I'm not going to spend the time to look for it.

I know of many lucky finds, many of my hunting partners over the years have made some great finds also. One found 2 heavy gold chains hunting south Florida beach, he sent them to a refinery and got a check for over $2000, another found a genuine Rolex watch on the beach, took it to a Rolex dealer, found out it was not registered and the dealer bought it from him for over $4000.

On the third week after buying my very first detector, a Beach Hunter ID I found a 14k diamond cocktail ring inside the wall of a sand castle on the beach. I was hooked after that. I have found a total 9 gold rings with diamonds in them so far, wife took 8 of them as she gets first choice of all my finds. As far as finding a ring on the first hunt, yes entirely possible if they get a coil over it, especially at the beach where there are thousands of them lost over the years. Beaches are full of gold, you just have to get to them.

I remember when a beach I hunt got hit with a sub tropical storm that stripped the beach of at least 2 feet of sand, there was silver coils and rings everywhere. A riptide had tore a hole in front of a hotel in shallow water, stripped it down almost to the clay base as we were pulling up chunks of clay in our scoops. We pulled more than a hundred gold rings out of a rip tide hole about 40 foot wide and 30 yards long. Many of the rings coming up were really old, the oldest one I recovered was a 1916 high school ring, my partner found a U.S. Naval Air Force ring, there hasn't been a Naval Air Force since WWII.

I have found gold rings on my very first swing of my detector and also on the very last swing of my detector as I walked off the beach.

No one is required to believe a member's find as long as they do not post they do not believe the member.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

I gifted my cousin Bill my ACE-250 that I hated. He'd never used a detector before.

We went to the beach (Southport, NC), he turned it on and almost immediately hit a clad quarter. We went about 20 more feet and he hit a 10k gold ring.

It happens.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
no need to take offense guys and gals. i know it happens ? just not to me ? i'm cursed. and i went to catholic school too ! sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh ?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
no need to take offense guys and gals. i know it happens ? just not to me ? i'm cursed. and i went to catholic school too ! sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh ?

I know what you mean, I just wasn't born lucky!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions