Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooo, I see it on THIS thread. Does it go away when someone responds?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it goes away after so may minutes. I'm not sure of the exact timing.

This has been Done by Administration in order to Prevent members from getting Mad &
deleting their Posts here

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Makes sense but it sure sucks for those of us that simply want to update a post, particularly in the buy/sell forums....

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I believe it's around 5 minutes.

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember being to edit it later in the past, but that was almost 10 years ago lol.

The reason I remember was I was a newbie and pretty much describe the entire area I had hunted and someone PM'ed me and told me I shouldn't be doing that.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately we have had a few members pitch a hissy fit and start deleting all their threads and their posts, we had to apply the time limit to edit to stop it from happening. Most other treasure forums do the same thing.

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately we have had a few members pitch a hissy fit and start deleting all their threads and their posts, we had to apply the time limit to edit to stop it from happening. Most other treasure forums do the same thing.

Oh, I totally get it.

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004

Totally understand...have run my own message board for 20 years and having someone eliminate a lot of context because they're being a baby really sucks...

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting .

What types of "Hissy Fits" ?

I don't see me getting that mad at a Forum unless it was criminal or Slanders towards me or family , friends.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've also done it later on to clean up some of my nonsense or old threads. :laughing7: I use to do that a lot, I don't anymore because...who really cares on some topics.:laughing7:

I will also delete attachments if I'm just showing someone something or after a long time. Since we can't send pics in a PM. I also get carried away and post details sometimes that I think about later. Like pics of collections or coins. I don't do as much of that anymore. Some nights you don't really think about it and start posting stuff, not thinking that it's just not the group in the thread that can see.

Guilty!! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting .

What types of "Hissy Fits" ?

I don't see me getting that mad at a Forum unless it was criminal or Slanders towards me or family , friends.

The last ones I remember they got mad about a mod warning they received about attacking another member and wanted us to delete all their posts, we told we do not do that because it causes huge holes in many threads, we would turn name to guest, they started deleting theirs replies and on threads they started that they couldn't delete they edited comments to ".........".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions