Time Limit To Edit Posts or Delete Uploaded Photos In A Thread?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two hours should be long enough wait in the HELP! forum in my opinion, on a forum as active as this one with so many moderators. Even if it's just a "I'll get back to you on that" kind of reply.

Sooo, I got tired of waiting for a reply and I did a little investigating on my own per past replies on various threads, seems to be about a 3 day time limit, no?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_teacher.gif
Sorry you had to wait so long. Please understand - we are all VOLUNTEERS and make every effort to respond as quickly as possible. Now, TN's ADMIN sets parameters for the length of time available to make changes. Why? If you allow members to make changes whenever they want it can lead to problems. Many responses are based on a post - if members respond to that post and days later the member changes the contents - that could change the entire meaning. I have been on many forums that ONLY allow you to change an entry IF no one else has read it. Another forum gives you 5 minutes to make changes and another forum I belong to freezes your post the minute you say Post. Always remember - you can contact a MOD if you have a problem with a post that you can no longer edit. Hope this answers your question.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any answers here? This man has been a long time member here and should be given some courtesy.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_teacher.gif
Sorry you had to wait so long. Please understand - we are all VOLUNTEERS and make every effort to respond as quickly as possible. Now, TN's ADMIN sets parameters for the length of time available to make changes. Why? If you allow members to make changes whenever they want it can lead to problems. Many responses are based on a post - if members respond to that post and days later the member changes the contents - that could change the entire meaning. I have been on many forums that ONLY allow you to change an entry IF no one else has read it. Another forum gives you 5 minutes to make changes and another forum I belong to freezes your post the minute you say Post. Always remember - you can contact a MOD if you have a problem with a post that you can no longer edit. Hope this answers your question.
My apololgy, this came in as I was typing my above post.
Don

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a time limit to edit posts or delete uploaded photos in a thread? Recently I went to remove a few photos from a thread of mine. I don't see an option to edit my reply that has the photos in it. This didn't used to be an issue. Is it now? :icon_scratch::dontknow:
Two hours should be long enough wait in the HELP! forum in my opinion, on a forum as active as this one with so many moderators. Even if it's just a "I'll get back to you on that" kind of reply.
Sooo, I got tired of waiting for a reply and I did a little investigating on my own per past replies on various threads, seems to be about a 3 day time limit, no?
tn_metal_detector.gif
I Forwarded your complaint to ADMIN...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any answers here? This man has been a long time member here and should be given some courtesy.

All mods are volunteers, we do not live on the forum, and most of us work too, waiting a few hours for a mod to reply is not out of the ordinary, especially if you don't report the post or email a mod.

Thread and Post lock for editing is because some members would get mad and delete all their posts which left huge holes in some threads and totally destroyed other threads. It was changed over a year ago when a couple members got mad, pitch a fit and left after destroying a bunch of threads.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All mods are volunteers, we do not live on the forum, waiting a few hours for a mod to reply is not out of the ordinary, especially if you don't report the post or email a mod.

Thread and Post lock for editing is not new, it has been this way for over 18 months because some members would get mad and delete all their posts which left huge holes in some threads and totally destroyed other threads. It was changed over a year and half ago when a couple members got mad, pitched a fit and left after destroying a bunch of threads.

On original opening post of a thread it can be edited to correct something but title can not be edited except by mod, edit posts are about 3 days.

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should I even add my thoughts to this thread? In a word, no. BUT!, I will anyways. A word that sticks out to me is the word "Volunteer". I can not even guess the amount of time and effort one would need spend on this forum to "Moderate" each and every post and comment posted, each and EVERY day. To volunteer to do so, not something I would want to commit to, I really have to give these guys credit where credit is due. If all these fella's one day decided that they just don't want to do this anymore, that they would rather spend the time swinging a coil somewhere instead, I don't know how many of us would be standing in line to take their place, and then what? I have nothing to gain by what some might say is "kissing up" to the Mods, in fact, I think I've had my nose spanked once awhile back, no matter, my skin has grown so thick over the years, that there isn't enough room left for the blood to flow. Yep, again, as volunteer's to be Mods on the T-Net, and for the amount of time that they have done so, I've got to give them credit for the effort, and we can afford them alittle leeway now and then. So, I will rest the one finger I type with and leave it with that. THE end.....

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries. I'll admit I get a little anal sometimes. My apologies for being a di...

I just wanted to delete some photos from some threads of mine but I guess that's out of the question. I'll just think twice before I post certain images of mine on this site from now on. It's all good.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries. I'll admit I get a little anal sometimes. My apologies for being a di...

I just wanted to delete some photos from some threads of mine but I guess that's out of the question. I'll just think twice before I post certain images of mine on this site from now on. It's all good.

If you want pictures or something deleted just contact a mod, as long as it isn't crucial to the thread we can delete it or edit it if you wish.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday was a bad day. All is good today.

Let's see, have I ever had a "bad day" sort of thing? Ah, well......Ahhhh, I'll get back to you on that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread