Roman Empire Section?

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Truffles_EOD

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in a Roman Empire heavy part of Europe and am keen to gain some knowledge on what to look out for, where in the vicinity of Roman Roads, Bridges, Forts etc; is best/legal to search... I know the location of several Roman Outposts that would have been manned by probably a Half Century or Century (80) of Legionairies, they were dotted across any landscape the Romans had invaded and added to the empire, any enemy sightings they would warn through lighting large signal fires which would be repeated along the outposts to warn major Roman settlements....

OP
OP
Truffles_EOD

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take it there isn't one then due to no posts advising?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably because most of us reside on the North American continent we just wouldn't know much about hunting the sites of the ancient Romans, but there is a handful of members who to reside in Europe that you may consult. I think down towards the bottom you'll find forums that are directed to specific regional interests that might help.?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried searching to no avail, is there a section of the forum dedicated to finds related to the Roman Republic & Roman Empire?

You might try "Minelab Metal Detectors Forum, UK" (United Kingdom)

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll send you a p.m. with a source you might try.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread