Myrtle detecting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I detected Myrtle beach about 5 years ago, and I wasn't the only person there doing it.

No one bothered us that I saw.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the input

Remember, that was 5 years ago. I'd wait for further input if I were you. Don't worry, won't be making that 5 hour trip (one way) again - my results only paid for batteries.

MKW

Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you can detect the beach and the water. Just be sure to fill your holes when on the beach.

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cities of Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach set up chairs for paying guests of the hotels and condos facing the beaches starting around 8am and they stay up until around 5pm Monday through Saturday. So, detecting between 9am and 4pm during the busy part of the season is not a lot of fun. I usually get there early in the morning and leave by 8:45 am or so and maybe go back after 7pm. Parking is free before 9 am and after 5pm too. The city crews appreciate any trash removal that you do, just fill in those holes and be nice to the paying guests in those fancy chairs.

good luck,
Jeff

Last edited:

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Detected the beaches near the better known campgrounds for several years. It was a sort of "unwritten" rule that metal detectors were OK after 5 PM. Never really found anything "good" other than some change etc. But my best find was a cell phone which I returned to the young Lady who lost it.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Does anyone know what the law is regarding water detecting myrtle's beaches?...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to TREASURENET BY LOCATION > SELECT YOUR AREA > SOUTH CAROLINA for more exposure.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_link.gif
I searched Google and found FACEBOOK: Myrtle Beach City Government. I would jump to the link and drop them a message to verify (and share response with us).

"What are the city's rules about metal detecting? Is it allowed on the beach?"

Yes, metal detecting is allowed on the beach!

Here are the rules...

-- All metal detecting enthusiasts should take note that it is illegal to climb or walk on the sand dunes or to break or damage any beach grass.

-- Violations may be subject to penalties of up to $500 and/or 30 days in jail.

-- Metal detecting is not allowed in city parks or on other city property.​

#CityofMyrtleBeach #MyrtleBeachFrequentlyAskedQuestion #FAQ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions