Method to pulverize a rock

john7877

Oct 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a huge stone believe to be a treasure inside of it. it is a hard rock, we use basic techniques to open it but we failed.
We drilled and made a hole and put a chemical called betonamite, it dod not crack abit.

I saw on a thread that there is a liquid chemical that can break it or pulverize the rock.

Can anybody help me?

If anyone knows about anything please let me know.

Im willing to make an arrangement with you regarding the chemical.

Thanks...

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Use a bigger rock. :laughing7:

What makes you think there's treasure inside a rock? What type of treasure? How do you think it got there?

Wint

Oct 2, 2020
North West CT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You may want to drop a post in Hard Rock mining as well. I would think a little black-powder and some long fuses would do the trick, since you already have holes drilled, but I am no expert. The hard rock guys do that sort of thing for a living.

OP
OP
J

john7877

Oct 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to drop a post in Hard Rock mining as well. I would think a little black-powder and some long fuses would do the trick, since you already have holes drilled, but I am no expert. The hard rock guys do that sort of thing for a living.

We cant use anything explosive as the ground is not steady. Im looking for this chemical liquid which will turn the rock into sand. Saw it on a forum and I have also heard about it. Any place you know where I can find it. Atleast the name.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John, you've got the right idea, but you're shopping
in the wrong department..:laughing7:

Ask a Moderator to move the thread over to the Gold Mining
forum. There you will find what you seek.

Otherwise...grab a big sledgehammer..they've been making
big rocks into little rocks for ages. :occasion14:

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
If you can not use explosives, try a technique called “feathers and wedges”. It works to split stones without explosives.

Time for more coffee.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a huge stone believe to be a treasure inside of it. it is a hard rock...
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from HELP! over to HARD ROCK MINING for more exposure.

tn_link.gif
Don't forget to search sub-forum
HARD ROCK MINING.

BlasterJ

Apr 2, 2020
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you want to use Dexpan or other expanding grout, you're going to want more like 1.5" or 37mm holes, drilled as deep as you can into the rock. You will also want to make sure you buy the right formula - there are 3 types that are used for different temperature ranges, You don't say if it's a free-standing boulder or a rock that is embedded into the ground. A boulder is much easier to break this way. Rock in place will need multiple holes in a grid.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can buy Ecobust off the shelf at home depot or other stores, but it takes a day or 2 sometimes to break big house sized rocks. Then drilling 1-1/2" holes takes time... Sierra Blaster is faster...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread