Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Does everybody tent camp?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2009
    Grand Prairie,Texas
    ace 250
    2 times

Does everybody tent camp?

Sounds like most everyone tent camps. I use to but after a while my back couldn't handle it
    any more. Even with a air mattress. My family and I didn't want to stop camping so we
    bought a travel trailer.
    austin likes this.

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4108 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Does everybody tent camp?

I guess I don't really go "camping" just for the sake of camping. Although when I'm in the back country prospecting for days at a time, the only shelter I take is a small tent and I live off the land as much as possible. It's pretty primitive and I love it.

When the kids were small I used to take them camping and fishing and we would each set up our own tent and usually stay only a couple of days. When they got older we stayed maybe a week.

There is nothing like the great outdoors no matter what you choose to camp in. Just get out there and experience nature and be FREEEeeeeeee!

GG~

jp
    Oct 2007
    NM
    1 times
    Relic Hunting

I use tents for almost all camping, I kind of would like a camper for winter though. I looking into a hammock\tent for cycling right now.

us
    Mar 2009
    Grand Prairie,Texas
    ace 250
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Goodyguy
    I guess I don't really go "camping" just for the sake of camping. Although when I'm in the back country prospecting for days at a time, the only shelter I take is a small tent and I live off the land as much as possible. It's pretty primitive and I love it.

When the kids were small I used to take them camping and fishing and we would each set up our own tent and usually stay only a couple of days. When they got older we stayed maybe a week.

There is nothing like the great outdoors no matter what you choose to camp in. Just get out there and experience nature and be FREEEeeeeeee!

GG~
    Experiencing the great outdoors is exactly right. We are always outside of our camper even if it's just relaxing in a chair reading
    a book. I see alot of people pull into their site put out the satalite dish and you hardly ever see them out. What a waist.

us
    Feb 2009
    3 times

Tent camp all the time. Always bring a good tarp though, as important as the tent.

However, have fallen asleep beside the fire more than once....might be the effects of the 'fire-water' !!

Apr 2008
    10 times

Still a tent camper always will be. My sisters and parents all have motorhomes and trailers, just doesn't feel like camping to me. I've got to figure out some way to hook up a A/C during the summer, don't mind the heat during the day but sure is nice to sleep in the A/C.

us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    124 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Ok? Here at our camp at 4-h the kids stay in cabins and we are quite content on calling it camping.....to each his own. Although, every year after camp ends we take a long road trip for 2 weeks. Hike in with a tent with basic nessecities and...breathe

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    White's IDX Pro, Vibraprobe 570, Minelab Explorer XS w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Sunray Stealth X-12 DD Coil
    129 times
    History, Metal Detecting, and Survival & Self-Sufficiency

I just got back from a camping trip yesterday... it's always a good time to get away and confirm to myself that I can live away from everything and everyone, and be just fine without any modern conveniences.
    Now if I only had a reason to do that permanently....

Bran <><
    two bear likes this.
    Rom. 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Rom. 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

us
    Mar 2009
    Grand Prairie,Texas
    ace 250
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by 4-H staff
    Ok? Here at our camp at 4-h the kids stay in cabins and we are quite content on calling it camping.....to each his own
    My daughter goes to Girl Scout camp a couple of times each summer. This year she
    is going to be a camp aide. they have cabins also. As long as you can get outside, learn some
    out door skills and enjoy yourself it doesn't matter what you sleep in. It's all camping.

um
    Feb 2007
    Please don't yell !
    9 times

After going camping with my son a couple years ago, a friend of his asked him if he could borrow our tent. My son came home perplexed because he had no idea what a tent was. we Have always made our shelters on site, using site based materials. Everything from wood to grass, leaves, moss,stones, snow, ice, sticks and mud.
    3cylbill likes this.
    http://www.thegoldenolde.com

us
    Mar 2009
    Grand Prairie,Texas
    ace 250
    2 times

Thats a little too rough for me. I don't like the critters that close.

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    4108 times

Quote Originally Posted by MD Dog
    After going camping with my son a couple years ago, a friend of his asked him if he could borrow our tent. My son came home perplexed because he had no idea what a tent was. we Have always made our shelters on site, using site based materials. Everything from wood to grass, leaves, moss,stones, snow, ice, sticks and mud.
    You have my vote for best primitive camper.

GG~

hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    240 times

I tent camped for years,then got a camper, now have gone back to tent camping....but,I did buy a thick pad from Gander Mountain to save my back. Camped on the rocks a week last July on the Buffalo River and my back felt great!
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

us
    Lode Prospector

Dec 2007
    Roseburg, Oregon
    White's-GMT
    1 times

I am sure everybody does not tent camp and some people
    probably have no desire to experience it.

To each their own, I have stayed in trailers and pickup campers, they have there place at times and are fun and convenient, especially in Bear country
    where you can get a secure nights sleep without keeping an ear perched on watch all night long for the intruder.

Tent camping

Everyone should experience this activity, it is the basic survival art that helps
    you to appreciate any improvement toward contentment.

Tombstone will Read... If Silence is Golden, I've finally Struck the Motherlode!

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    6534 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I tent camp. I can afford to buy an RV or a camper, but it ain't the same to me. I see people with them, and they seem to be havin a good time and are outdoors, so that's alright too. Between the first divorce and the second marriage, I lived in a tipi for about 4 years, then when I moved back inside I camped every single weekend. Sometimes I took my tent, but mostly I just needed an 8x10 tarp in case it rained. I liked to fall asleep by the fire, looking up at the stars. I never have been bothered by animals, even up here where bears make the news for eating people. I would recommend a tipi for extended camping, if you have a place to store one. I don't know. Maria made me buy one of these air mattresses, and I kind of like those.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links