what does everyone carry in their survival/first aid kits?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TerryC, there is something very specific that must be dry in order to survive. :thumbsup:

And this is not a trick question either.. I was lucky to have learned from one of the very best in this field many moons ago :laughing7:

I have to get to sleep, working tonight... Hope to have a post for dumpster diving... My newest hobby :laughing7:

Anyway, think long and strong on your reply :thumbsup:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds as if you may not have gotten my last post.... answer: myself. I LOVE dumpster diving! Been doing it since the early '70s. I worked third shift much of my life. I know how hard it is to sleep daytime. Nighty-night. ( I have Spongebob Squarepants jammies, I am not afraid to say!) "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill
(The above quote has been wrongly tagged to 3 different people) TTC

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This fire starting trick should NOT be practiced with kids watching! Compressed air bug spray. Spray over a flame and the torch lights the kindling. The oils stick to the wood and lights it. A squirt or two before the flame goes out will generally do the trick. TimC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This fire starting trick should NOT be practiced with kids watching! Compressed air bug spray. Spray over a flame and the torch lights the kindling. The oils stick to the wood and lights it. A squirt or two before the flame goes out will generally do the trick. TimC
Be prepared to show me, TimC, when I get back in Yarnell next Thursday. I know you can do it. I just never tried it.... need you to show me (I think I'm from MO) TTC

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyway, the most important part to keep dry is your feet. I had only seen a few mention extra socks, make sure you have several pairs tucked away. Without the ability to be mobile, you're pretty much finished unless you want to live the rest of your days like Robinson Crusoe :laughing7:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyway, the most important part to keep dry is your feet. I had only seen a few mention extra socks, make sure you have several pairs tucked away. Without the ability to be mobile, you're pretty much finished unless you want to live the rest of your days like Robinson Crusoe :laughing7:
MYSELF is not as specific as your answer, FEET. Can we call this one a draw? If your question was worded PART I would have nailed it but it was worded THING. Not to worry. Keeping the feet dry... and warm... is very true. I also prescribe to the axiom... Me first, or I am no good to anyone else and become a liability. Tnx. TTC

Last edited:

backwoods tracker

Jan 2, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as first aid items go when hitting the woods , I take gauze, tape, iodine, alcohol, needle and thread (in case a hog causes me to have to sew up one of the dogs), a can of ether and rag(in case I have to put the dog to sleep to sew him up), a snake bite kit, and Advil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread