spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the name first aid really applies for the following, as well as the pecking order. Who gets the immediate attention and who's next in line?

You come upon an area where several people are injured. One had ingested poison, another bleeding profusely, the 3rd unable to breathe and the last is in shock.

Do you know what order to assist them?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I guess I would stop the bleeding first and have the guy who thought he had swallowed poison get that other guy breathing, unless he was too far gone and then we would forget about him. They could throw a blanket over the one who believed he was in shock. It would be our own version of triage. What do the experts say?

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be looking over my shoulder for the guy with the club, about the only trauma not listed. ;D

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, we're waiting Spartacus, with the situation stabilized for now. Unfortunately, we have found out that shock can kill you quicker than most folks knew.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Well, we're waiting Spartacus, with the situation stabilized for now. Unfortunately, we have found out that shock can kill you quicker than most folks knew.

You were right on your first post :icon_thumleft: Bleeding and breathing are the first two to treat. And as you have pointed out, they may have to reconsider the shock and poison. With shock I know it's most important to keep a person laying flat, with feet raised about 6" and also keep that person wrapped up nice and warm.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, thank you spartacus53. They have those shock pants that they put on people to compress the lower half of the body so the blood stays with the more important parts in the upper half, but I don't know how quick. I like your posts; whup another scenario on us.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I know the pecking order. I learned it in USMC boot camp. It goes.... Pecking order..... NOW! ( I liked that one ) :headbang: TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread