Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    751 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Re: Gator Head

Quote Originally Posted by RGINN
    Old post, but I just saw it. You weren't there that long, so water really wasn't a life threatening concern. However, I thought it was a great narrative and felt like I was right there with you.
    Thanks. Just one thing I wanted to add. I left at 5 AM walked/crawled 10 miles in and 10 miles back to reach my truck just before dark.. I dont know if it was life threatening or not... but one thing I know for sure... I was NOT going to walk back 10 miles in the hot sun without water. I can barely walk that distance properly prepared. Too many things can go wrong and nobody knew I was out there. Its a lesson in overconfidence. Things could have got ugly real fast. I would never have attempted that trip in a desert without sufficient water. Just sayin...

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    751 times

Quote Originally Posted by hombre_de_plata_flaco
    Those snakes have got to go...
    The law states that they are to be killed on site in the National Parks.. They can not be captured or transported live. Kill them and dump them to the gators.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    788 times

HIO those iguanas are very good eating. they are vegetarians. I have eaten many of them in southern Mexico in the past. The meat is white and has the usual chicken like taste. A 3 -4 footer will give enough meat for two hungry guys. Bon appetite'

Don Jose de la Mancha
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    751 times

Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
    HIO those iguanas are very good eating. they are vegetarians. I have eaten many of them in southern Mexico in the past. The meat is white and has the usual chicken like taste. A 3 -4 footer will give enough meat for two hungry guys. Bon appetite'

Don Jose de la Mancha
    I have heard they are very good. They are all over town but I never see them in the Everglades and I dont know why.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    751 times
    Another monster killed. I dont know why they call this size a record but 87 eggs probably is. Biologists Track Biggest Florida Python - 17-Footer with 87 Eggs - NYTimes.com

Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Aug 15, 2012 at 02:28 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsors