spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's s little useful information to all beginner, and even long time campers. Get yourself a copy of the Boy Scouts Fieldbook 1967-1971, any later printings may not contain all the information. You can get them online from $3-15.00 and it's a great investment.

I grew up with this book, and although I still remember most of the little tricks, but I am sure there are some things not used that have been forgotten. The best part of this book is that it covers everything you can encounter from A-Z. This book pretty much covers anything you will see, or do when camping. The tabs make it easy to find what you're looking for quickly, and chock full of advanced camping tips :help:

I'm quite sure that anyone who picks up the book will learn something new :thumbsup:

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
why the 67 - 71 version?

edit: just ordered a 67 edition haven't looked at one of these since I was a scout back in 1970

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have my original one I bought back in about 66. Except for the mustaches I drew on the scouts on the cover, it's in good shape and has info that's still relevant.

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks much for the great info. and will check it out.
take care. ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions