• _1363.JPG
    _1363.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 750

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Ive seen plans for a few of those on-line. Built on a HF trailer ? Pretty cool for one or two people :icon_thumright:

Myself, Having spent my younger years sleeping in the back of my truck, or the bow of my boat, have come to prefer the F-350 powered truck camper or the 34 foot class-A with the 460 CID under the hood...............................but your rig probably will get you there and back on a lot less gas than either of mine.

Diggem'

illumastorm

Jul 24, 2011
west central indiana
Detector(s) used
discovery 1,000
nice work... how about some pics of the inside? does the back open up to a outside kitchen? i have seen some of those little campers like this and they have the kitchen and some cabinets outside like that. hope you are going to cover that plywood with something or weather proof it somehow, i'm a carpenter and i know that won't hold up to the weather very long. otherwise you got a nice little outfit for a lot less then buying one.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Fine looking craftsmanship . Something so well constructed and weather tight I have one bit of advice :
Don't fart in the house with the door closed ;D

OP
OP
quaidmon

quaidmon

Apr 8, 2007
New Jersey
The back hatch opens to a galley type kitchen. The inside and galley cabinets are not done yet, I'm trying to complete the outside before winter. All the plywood is 1/4 inch oak, the interior is stained with golden oak and finished with 3 coats of semigloss poly.The exterior plywood now has 2 coats of epoxy with 1 more to come, and then I'll give it at least 3 coats of epoxy boat paint. I hope to have the paint done and everything reassembled in 3-4 weeks, then over the winter I'll build the cabinets and install them and the stereo and the rest of the lights.

Ratman

Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: Nice looking Tear Drop Trailer your building ! :headbang: Popular Mechanics use to have plans for these DIY setups in the day . I've seen some really cool ones here in California and I here there's a few clubs that have a huge following . Build it well and just how you want it that's all that matters . Enjoy ! :icon_thumleft:

HH
Mike :icon_pirat:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just pretty neat. You got room on the back, you should build on a kitchen box, with a little drop down table for cookin. Yeah, kinda like a chuckwagon. I'd love to build somethin like that, but where I live the landlord would probably throw a hissy fit.

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
This one looks like it's roomier than the teardrops are. I would also like to see the galley when you're done and, of course, the interior. Will it have a deep cycle battery for lights? Propane tanks for fuel and/or heat? I have a big white van that I take camping/fishing and I use MR HEATER and it works great for those snowy places. I sure do like the 4x8 (standard sheet of plywood) format. Keep us informed....Hey....it's winter now....any pics yet? Anxiously waiting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread