spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would always suggest that when possible you camp with the buddy system, just like in swimming. It's also best to have at least one seasoned camper in your group, it just makes the experience more enjoyable so long as you are willing to learn. This camper should be well versed in first aid, pioneering, cooking, botany, hiking, and lifesaving (If you're going to swim/boat). I would then include knowledge in canoeing and row boating....

Most here would be too old to join the Boy Scouts to get a hands on education, but the next best thing is to buy the Scouts Fieldbook. That my friends should be your bible, just take it on every trip. Easy to read and navigate and covers almost everything you need to know to have a safe and fun time out.

Of course there are always tricks you learn that are not in print. I am lucky enough to commit these to memory.. Here's a little example. If you are parking alongside a road the has telephone/electrical wires, just look at the tag and remember the number. Just like highway markers each pole is numbered, so if you cam out of the woods and didn't see your car all you need to do is find a pole and check the number and take it from there.

Any other tips will cost you...

Dearly :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread