Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well pretty much everything about them really, but Maria likes the facilities so I wind up goin to them a lot. The biggest problem I have is with the fire pits. I have included a couple of pics from the same campground. I actually cook over these. The first pic is the one I got last night. I have circled some little holes. These are drain holes. The ring should be set with these holes about two inches above the ground level. The way it is, when it fills up with rainwater, the water isn't able to drain out, and the worst thing is I have to build a giant fire just to cook. The next pic I guess they made up for it, cause the pit is level with the ground. It can't drain at all, and campers have had to place rocks around the edge to block the wind. (and hey, I believe that one rectangular rock is an Indian artifact. It fits perfectly in the hand. Maybe used for the ceremonial smashing of walnuts.) A strange thing to gripe about, but just wondered if anyone else had noticed this. I tried to conduct a little survey of other campers, but they were all in RV's and didn't notice a problem with it. Those boys down the road from Texas did wish they were bigger, as they had trouble gettin the tractor tires in the fire.

Attachments

• 8-30c.jpg
    8-30c.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 252
  • 8-30d.jpg
    8-30d.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 238

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Time to replace my top third of a barrel,but they need air under them. Inlets cut at ground level or raise sides with stone,ughh brick. Barrel used for lid to smother (charcoal on occasion) but more to make a later water dowsing easier. You found a women put up with you your way ahead of the game. Had a second wife help dress skins early,some Cadillac safaris but didn,t pan out. No loss both gained. but still, winter coming,an agreeable partner can help. Maybe Maria deserves a medal l.o.l. shhhh.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those boys down the road from Texas did wish they were bigger, as they had trouble gettin the tractor tires in the fire.

Hahaha! Not fair to us Texans, RGINN!!!
That coulda just as easily been a fella from New Mexico, Colorado, or Missouri!

I personally saw a old boy from Oklahoma tell a park ranger that he didn't need some paraffin coated matches to light a fire while it was drizzling... He said he preferred a quart of used motor oil to really "get 'er going".

Park ranger damn near had an aneurysm, and in more or less words told the guy he would "wring his neck if I see that s**t!"

Kinda funny, cause the guy from Oklahoma got kicked out of the park THAT NIGHT for blaring that garbage rap music and making an @$$ of himself being drunk. Everyone got to watch him tear down camp in a wicked thunderstorm, and the park ranger called the local police to catch him leaving the park and commenced to award him with a DWI.

Justice served for being a jackass!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good, Tejaas! I worked as a park ranger in Oklahoma for about 10 years. I'm sorry, but it seemed the majority of visitors we had looked upon our state parks as a place to have a big beer party, mostly the tent campers and day users. There wasn't much 'communing with nature'. (I got no idea what that phrase means.) In Oklahoma park rangers are state police with arrest powers and I am proud to say I am one of those that would exercise that option in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, your Okie has a defense in the DUI since the park ranger told him to drive then called the locals. That's pretty much considered entrapment.

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good, Tejaas! I worked as a park ranger in Oklahoma for about 10 years. I'm sorry, but it seemed the majority of visitors we had looked upon our state parks as a place to have a big beer party, mostly the tent campers and day users. There wasn't much 'communing with nature'. (I got no idea what that phrase means.) In Oklahoma park rangers are state police with arrest powers and I am proud to say I am one of those that would exercise that option in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, your Okie has a defense in the DUI since the park ranger told him to drive then called the locals. That's pretty much considered entrapment.

That is LITERALLY text book entrapment, good thing the guy was as dumb as he was...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread