What kind of spider is this

OP
OP
fano169

fano169

Jul 23, 2012
fano169 said:
Found in my house , came down from ceiling on bounced off my head , iam in New York City

image-702787084.png

echodog

Oct 29, 2012
There very common in the east and Midwest, found in old buildings barns etc., and they can bite and it stings!

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not a wolf spider not hairy enough although it does look to be a recluse

OP
OP
fano169

fano169

Jul 23, 2012
It's not aggressive at all , should I flush it or let it go

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
You live in New York City... You have to have a neighbor or two you don't much like, right?

OP
OP
fano169

fano169

Jul 23, 2012
G.I.B. said:
You live in New York City... You have to have a neighbor or two you don't much like, right?

That is so funny , ill let it go down the block

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soon as i dumped the glass over , it ran off

Bad move dude...

I lived in NYC for most of my life and I can tell you he'll be back with a ton of his friends to settle the score. Your best bet is to pack up and move to another state, and don't leave a forwarding address.:thumbsup: :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they mate with Sewer Rats in NY. don't they ?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's grandspiders will have you for lunch. Best guess one of the wolf spiders, but the brown recluses do look similar, however this spiders' anatomy is sleeker and a brown recluse is reclusive as in they won't be showing off in your living room. They'd be under the bed, in a closet, hiding somewhere. I don't think their "official" range extends to NY.

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Some spiders are good and some aint so good. Been bit by a brown recluse about 4 or 5 yr ago got blood poisioning or what ever and couldnt hardly walk as it bit me behind the right knee. was a black hole the size of a nickel and had to go to hosp. and stay over night with IV in my arm and a bag of ANTI-VENOM for a cost of 1100$ Was trimming grass and it crawled up my pants. Was a firefighter for the conservation dept. in Mo and never had a thing happened to me and then I get older and wham a spider bite.?????

OP
OP
fano169

fano169

Jul 23, 2012
smokeythecat said:
It's grandspiders will have you for lunch. Best guess one of the wolf spiders, but the brown recluses do look similar, however this spiders' anatomy is sleeker and a brown recluse is reclusive as in they won't be showing off in your living room. They'd be under the bed, in a closet, hiding somewhere. I don't think their "official" range extends to NY.

That's good to know:)

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some spiders are good and some aint so good. Been bit by a brown recluse about 4 or 5 yr ago got blood poisioning or what ever and couldnt hardly walk as it bit me behind the right knee. was a black hole the size of a nickel and had to go to hosp. and stay over night with IV in my arm and a bag of ANTI-VENOM for a cost of 1100$ Was trimming grass and it crawled up my pants. Was a firefighter for the conservation dept. in Mo and never had a thing happened to me and then I get older and wham a spider bite.?????

Ive seen a couple brown recluse bites the last 28 years, very nasty wounds. think its time to do a little exterminating,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread