Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did the whole camping thing for a while with an Airstream. Now my style of camping is a Hampton Inn. Way cheaper and no mess to deal with when you get home! I do still like to primitive camp when it's cooler outside.

Last edited:

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
August 2013 trip 103.JPG
The trees we so big here it made my rig look small. Had the whole place to myself last week. Hey, if we didn't have our rigs we WOULD stay home. This was a turn of the century redwood logging camp and I was kicking myself for not having my detector.

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

Aug 16, 2012
The Woodlands,Texas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why cause I bought a big motorhome. I travel with my whole family I have my mother in law who doesnt get around to well but loves going camping and enjoying the sites. My wife loves cause she can load up the kids and make them do crafts while we r on the road and I dont have to stop every 15mins for someone to go pee or get something to eat. So to say might as well stay home no or camp in a tent dont think so

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent more than my fair share of time sleeping on the open ground, under tarps, or in tents. I LOVE my travel trailer and it's a lot cheaper than staying in hotels. Taking it out tomorrow in fact!

eternoui

Greenie
Aug 14, 2013
Cyprus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why cause I bought a big motorhome. I travel with my whole family I have my mother in law who doesnt get around to well but loves going camping and enjoying the sites. My wife loves cause she can load up the kids and make them do crafts while we r on the road and I dont have to stop every 15mins for someone to go pee or get something to eat. So to say might as well stay home no or camp in a tent dont think so

Fair enought

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spose to enjoy camping year round y'all could go live in a trailer park. In my experience, a certain number of RV'ers give camping a bad name. I've seen them run their gray water and black water right on the ground, they trash the site up, and sometimes it's like a little ghetto block party when you have several together. I dislike those lights they string up and leave goin all night long. I hate the sound of their a/c's runnin all night long. One good thing, they rarely venture farther than a hundred yards from the safety of their RV's, so you got the woods to yourself. To be fair, there are indeed a certain number of primitive campers that just completely destroy the outdoor experience for all of us. RV's are a good thing for the aged and infirm to get out and be close to the outdoors. I am a 'primitive camper' and I am comfortable and do just fine with only a buck knife and a poncho, and you'll never even notice me. If you 'camp' in a RV, you respect the outdoors, maybe leave the area a little better than you found it, then we're pretty much the same folks. Kudos to ironman for makin it possible for the mother-in-law to get out of the house and go campin, too.

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

Aug 16, 2012
The Woodlands,Texas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spose to enjoy camping year round y'all could go live in a trailer park. In my experience, a certain number of RV'ers give camping a bad name. I've seen them run their gray water and black water right on the ground, they trash the site up, and sometimes it's like a little ghetto block party when you have several together. I dislike those lights they string up and leave goin all night long. I hate the sound of their a/c's runnin all night long. One good thing, they rarely venture farther than a hundred yards from the safety of their RV's, so you got the woods to yourself. To be fair, there are indeed a certain number of primitive campers that just completely destroy the outdoor experience for all of us. RV's are a good thing for the aged and infirm to get out and be close to the outdoors. I am a 'primitive camper' and I am comfortable and do just fine with only a buck knife and a poncho, and you'll never even notice me. If you 'camp' in a RV, you respect the outdoors, maybe leave the area a little better than you found it, then we're pretty much the same folks. Kudos to ironman for makin it possible for the mother-in-law to get out of the house and go campin, too.

My kids have to clean our site after we are loaded and if the site next to us is empty they clean it as well I only have a set of lights that I put on my awning and they look like little lanterns just enough glow to see the ground. If their is full hook up we get it but if not we use camp baths and use rv toilet at night for women I have a 50 gallon holding tank for toilet and 25 for gray we can go awhile with out emptying. dont get me wrong i would spend a week camping with you im not above anyone I spent a lot if time in the woods I love sitting by a fire looking up at the sky or just falling asleep in my chair to the sounds of nature im country to the bone and big red neck u just gotta meet me and u will laugh

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ironman thanks for teaching your kids some values. Litter in the forest makes my blood boil.

Fatty

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2013
N. Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Mark 1 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Ironman,just need to point that thing northwest and put the hammer down and get out of this Texas heat.It's good to see young folks getting out camping.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're all right, ironman. I always made my kids police the area and they grumbled, but they saw the value of that later on. Hey, ever get up here in the high country holler at me and I can direct you to some great places to set that RV up, far from the crowd. But be warned, you get up here, you may not want to go back home. Take care!

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rig ! I have a 2014 Fleetwood Tioga Ranger 31D myself. Love it ! Tenting was fun as a kid. I'm grown up now and like you said , this lets the whole family ( and friends ) get out and see America , but be comfortable enough to enjoy it , rain or shine.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone has their type of camping that they like, I prefer solitude, and no gens!
This is my type: IMG_1063.JPG IMG_0020.JPG

Joanne

Aug 2, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any number of ways to camp depending on what I want to do. Back of the truck, teardrop trailer, RV trailer, or whatever.

Solo camping
10gfndu.jpg

Camping in tough weather. This was our camp kitchen.
2428s94.jpg

Camping in a mine drift because a snow storm outside.
51ynf9.jpg

Camping on the claim.
33w6050.jpg

I'm fine with how anyone wants to camp. I may not understand the guy that only came out of his RV to refuel his generator, but it's not for me to decide how he should camp. I camp the way that I want, I'll let everyone else decide how they want to camp.
drink_wine.gif

Joanne

jwp1964

Dec 18, 2014
Maryville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Lite, Garrett Freedom Ace Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tent camping for me.

8d94b82460c4144e4fdbdab0fe7ded75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk