Happy Camping with a Twist

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So our last family camping was held in Dogwood Family Campground. I was with my sister and my 5 other cousins. I liked the location. There a lot of recreational activities to do. You can go hiking, fishing, horse riding and the best part is, you are so close to nature. While we were having fun, exchanging jokes and stories, one of my cousins suddenly said that he wants to die. He even said that if anything happens to him, let his parents know that he's sorry and he loves them both. Then he laughed out loud and said it was a joke. We just told him that it was a bad joke! Instead of questioning him, we just moved on and continued to enjoy the rest of the day. When we got home, I kept on thinking if it was a joke or he really meant it. Is he insane? Do you think there's something serious about him?

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A cry for help is what I hear. To see your reactions and if your sympathetic enough to help.....

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call 1-800-273-8255 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and get him some help. All confidential, They might be able to tell you what to do.

OP
OP
C

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call 1-800-273-8255 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and get him some help. All confidential, They might be able to tell you what to do.

I'm scared to call but I would tell his parents about this. I just wanted to gather some facts to support how I feel about he said. I read a few articles and found some signs of depression that he may seem to have. So yeah, I need to talk to my Aunt and Uncle about this.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try having a private conversation with him.... he may open up to you with what’s going on.
Let him know of all the resources and support he needs.
I’ve known several people, a couple real close to me, who have killed themselves.

OP
OP
C

claypile

Mar 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try having a private conversation with him.... he may open up to you with what’s going on.
Let him know of all the resources and support he needs.
I’ve known several people, a couple real close to me, who have killed themselves.

Exactly what I did... and tried to be with him during my free time

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So our last family camping was held in Dogwood Family Campground. I was with my sister and my 5 other cousins. I liked the location. There a lot of recreational activities to do. You can go hiking, fishing, horse riding and the best part is, you are so close to nature. While we were having fun, exchanging jokes and stories, one of my cousins suddenly said that he wants to die. He even said that if anything happens to him, let his parents know that he's sorry and he loves them both. Then he laughed out loud and said it was a joke. We just told him that it was a bad joke! Instead of questioning him, we just moved on and continued to enjoy the rest of the day. When we got home, I kept on thinking if it was a joke or he really meant it. Is he insane? Do you think there's something serious about him?

He is telling you that he is depressed and contemplating suicide. No one jokes about things like that unless it is heavy on their minds, and they have or are considering it. I would make a lunch date with him, and sit down and breach the topic of depression.... he needs someone to talk to, apparently.

There is some truth to 'joking' around, and he let a little truth out in his guise of a joke... he is in need of help, one way or the other... depression is serious, and the jokes may not seem to be serious, but read between the lines...

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I'm sarcastic, but this is not something to joke about. Reach out to him, and get more info. It sounds like somebody that really need help.

Joseph08

Nov 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he said this then he might have something going on in his mind. You must reach him out and ask about it. I hope its a bad joke.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread