Crazy camping

Joanne

Aug 2, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was looking back through some of my old photos and came across this one. We were up at 6,000 feet and the weather had turned from rain to snow and wind. We weren't excited about pitching a tent and waiting out a cold damp night. After a bit of discussion, we headed underground and set up camp in the main drift. Apart from the mice that scurried back and forth to the adit, it was a great few nights. The temp inside was cool, but not cold. And so very quiet. Great sleeping!

51ynf9.jpg

Just before the weather got worse. As the weather continued to deteriorate, we wrapping the entire cooking / eating area with tarps.

2428s94.jpg

So what unusual places have you camped?

Joanne

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That camping spot takes the prize! I have had a lot of tent camping, character-building experiences. An Army Corps of Engineers ( I don't know what it is about these guys, everything they build must have an open field of fire ) campground near the Columbia river. You know those large, industrial, agricultural sprinkler heads? The ones that shoot water about 300 feet? They have the thing that breaks the stream? Schuh-schuh-schuh-schuh, as they go around. Those popped out of the ground at 3 AM, and went to work, hit the wall of the tent with such force, the water blasted right through the fabric. Unbelievable. I doubt anyone stayed more than one night. Good thing is they only ran for about a half hour.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread