Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    gb
    Nov 2007
    27 times

Re: Gardening

Welcome to our little circle of Gardeners, River Rat, Airborne, and Eddie. Hi there Mark, good to see you again. Our English Country garden is just about coming into full bloom now. I just wish I could post some pictures, I am just about coming to the end of my roll of film ( don't have a digi camera...yet) When its finished I will post some. Mark, your garden is coming along great, and yes there is nothing more enjoyable than sitting out on a Summers evening, taking in the scent of the flowers. We are growing a few tomatoes, and runner beans alongside the flowers, just using as much possible space as possible. We have lillies, roses, pinks, fuschias, busy lizzie, geraniums, I could go on lol. We also had a nesting box on a trellis for one of our native birds called "blue tits" they are so tiny but very pretty. Well they did use it, and I am proud to say I became the Mother of 3 little fledglings lol Our cat took great interest in this box, and the day that they fledged I had to pick the 3 of them up and put them in a safe place until they were strong enough to fly away. A garden can be a very theraputic place to work in, especially at the end of a busy day.

Take care all, and happy gardening Mark. regards Unicorn

us
    Dec 2008
    Tacoma, Wa.
    ace 250

Hi Eddie and welcome! Do you prefer to garden in a speedo? No really, do you?

Mar 2005
    Madisonville, TN
    Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by mapo
    Hi Eddie and welcome! Do you prefer to garden in a speedo? No really, do you?
    ummm............noooooo........
    Refusing to think "outside the box" is an indication of square thinking.

us
    Sep 2008
    CSRA
    Ace 250
    20 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Mapo,

Your garden looks great! Being from that area (lived at Ft. Lewis for 5 years and born and raised in/around Everett) I know all too well the 'green' that grows up there is mostly Dandilions and Alder trees! LOL I think it's great when you can start something in the ground and grow and maintain it. I was always better at killing the shrubs off!

Unicorn,
    Your English garden sounds great, too! We had a Goldfinch rear a chick in one of our birdhouses and we found it one day hanging out on our patio. We scooped it up and put it closer to the barn, under the large Apple tree near the bird feeder. Unfortunately, an hour or so later we noticed a couple of ravens had ran the other birds off and much to our horror quite a few yellow feathers floating around. They scattered off when we stepped out the patio doors... (

I didn't mean to bring you all down! Dispite all that -

I'll post some pics of my place soon! (sans feathers )
    -Airborne1092

bellum est praesto

us
    Dec 2008
    Tacoma, Wa.
    ace 250

eddie. I was just teasing(your avatar) he always wears a speedo
    airborne, thx-I am close to the base.i am ex navy myself. now go plant something!

Mar 2005
    Madisonville, TN
    Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by mapo
    eddie. I was just teasing(your avatar) he always wears a speedo
    airborne, thx-I am close to the base.i am ex navy myself. now go plant something!
    Ahhh....makes sense now! I've got 20 hosta that I'm putting out this weekend!
    Refusing to think "outside the box" is an indication of square thinking.

gb
    Nov 2007
    27 times

Watch those hostas Eddie, those slugs just luvvv hostas

us
    Dec 2008
    Tacoma, Wa.
    ace 250

The sweetpea is in bloom. Hope the moonflowers catch up. Hummingbirds are keeping me company. Man I love this time of year!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fence \'09 003.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	389.4 KB 
ID:	309168  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors