New found hobby. FISHYS!!!

firefighter35

Aug 19, 2009
Lebanon, pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x Minelab Explorer II Modified Bounty Hunter Garrett Ace 250(10x14 excelerator coil)
Hey guys. With my knee acting up on me i havent been able to do any dirt fishing lately. So my kids n i decided to set up a 55 gallon aquarium. I never knew how much time and $$$ this thing would cost me. Thank god there is a petsmart a few miles away from me, lol Thanks for lookin, let me know wut yall think!!! Greg

Attachments

• tank 1.jpg
    tank 1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 745
  • tank 2.jpg
    tank 2.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 970

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Man :thumbsup: Could be 150 gal. though :laughing7: Which makes it even more fun. :wink: First thing I had to do when I moved to our new house & every one I've lived in with this tank is go under & block up the floor better to ease my mind being that it weighs more than 3000lbs.I've had mine now for more then 12yrs., and being that I worked on a fish farm I learned quick that the most important thing was other then water temp. change to fast that even freshwater fish need salt to be healthy.It keeps the slim on there skin & helps heal wounds & such.Some of my fish are as old as the aquarium.The sword tails & fish like the mollies you have don't have a very long lifespan as the only live for a couple years or so.But they do breed so much that they will take over the tank before long.I give mine away all the time.Some stores will take them for exchange for others you choose.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

Attachments

• IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG_0007_1.JPG
    IMG_0007_1.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 712
  • IMG_0008_1.JPG
    IMG_0008_1.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_0009_1.JPG
    IMG_0009_1.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 712
OP
OP
firefighter35

firefighter35

Aug 19, 2009
Lebanon, pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x Minelab Explorer II Modified Bounty Hunter Garrett Ace 250(10x14 excelerator coil)
WOW, very beautiful tank!!! I wanna get a much BIGGER tank but the women wont let me!!! >:( I learned real quick about aquarium upkeep. I am running 2 HOB filters, Aquatec 30-60 and an Aqueon 75. All for a little 55 gallon tank, lol My son loves the mollys and we can literally pet them. We open the hood and they come right to the top to be petted, lmao

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Tanks can have an extremely relaxing & calming effect..........Except for a few years, I have had at least one (sometimes as many as seven) in my house.

Our latest:

Diggem

Attachments

• PC090012-600.jpg
    PC090012-600.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 975
OP
OP
firefighter35

firefighter35

Aug 19, 2009
Lebanon, pa
Detector(s) used
Im not sure which i like more, freshwater or saltwater. They both have there advantages/disadvantages. My next tank will be at least 120+ gallons. The 55 which i have seems small now, lol

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
firefighter35 said:
Im not sure which i like more, freshwater or saltwater. They both have there advantages/disadvantages. My next tank will be at least 120+ gallons. The 55 which i have seems small now, lol

Agreed 100% - "hardware"-wise, the costs aren't that different except for a protein skimmer & lighting (the tank in the picture is running two 250watt halogens & 4 40 watt flourescents) and possibly a chiller for summer. But, the cost difference of everything else inside the tank is a lot different. When something goes wrong with a salt tank, it seems to go wrong in a hurry and costs a bunch. I actually gave up keeping fish when I moved into this place a number of years ago - fresh water angel fish & discus were my favorites and the water here was too blasted hard to raise those (or any other fw fish for that matter except perhaps African cichlids) But not long after my wife demolished her spine in a fall, her brother offered us his 90G sw tank (he was moving up to a 180) and figuring my wife needed some diversion while she mended, I gave in. Turns out our water is really perfect for the reef critters, so 5 years later we now have 3 of them up and running........go figure........

Diggem'

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Beautiful tanks, guys. They are fascinating. My cat would get as much out of them as I would. That's kind of the problem.

They are mesmerizing and calming though, and watching a tank can lower blood pressure. Which is why a lot of doctor's offices have 'em now, but without the cat<G>.

ammo_u

Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keeping fish can get addictive to lol. I remember ordering some pike cichlids the last time I had a tank. I loved my Oscars

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keeping fish can get addictive to lol. I remember ordering some pike cichlids the last time I had a tank. I loved my Oscars

I used to raise Oscars and Jack Dempseys. The Oscars were pretty big. They can be trained pretty easily.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread