Anybody play guitar?

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Just bought another Fender, and I got the old tube type Gibson amp fired up. It doesn't have the wattage I like, but it's a player.

Here's some inspiration for us, Ana Popovic -playing Navajo Moon

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I'm trying to copy Junior Brown, if you like his pickin', check out the other Youtube videos on him. This one has no video, but I'm trying to learn this song, he's got one wild gidfiddle though! 8)

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
shanegalang said:
I have played guitar for 31 years. My dad was a musician as I was growing up. I have a Fender Strat, Peavey T-15, 12 string Ovation(accoustic electric) and a Ventura accoustic electric as well as a Crate amp, a Peavey Bandit 65 and a key board and 2, 4 track recorders. I love blues and rock and roll preferably 70s rock.

sweet 12 string. my little brother has a six string acoustic electric ovation, and i have my dad's old ovation celebrity. I'm horrible, but i enjoy playing. now, little brother can wail. dad is good to, when he'll play. he is a life long musician, and we had a music store when I was young. but he is a preacher now, so it's hard to get him to play some old jim croce or something.

i really like electronic music, and i want an electribe mx 1.

oh yeah, my dad gave me his clear acrylic bass guitar that he traded a 32 (pistol) for around 1973 when he was working at a pawn shop. i've never even plugged it up, but i've loved that bass since i was a little kid. : )

Lash

Nov 3, 2008
S. California
Play guitar badly. Strat, a couple Normans, Ovation, various amps.

Have a cherry '57 Hammond B3 I wish I had time to learn some sweet licks on.

Love the sound of a Strat rockin' with a B3.

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
I know everybody here is probably way better than me. I started playing a while back, and i learned chords and everything out of a bert casey bluegrass book. I've got the book down pat, where do i go from here. I've learned the intros to sweet child of mine, sweet home alabama, wish you were here, stuff like that and such, off of youtube, but it is to hard to learn the whole song for me, off of youtube. are any of you familiar with bert casey? i like how the book is set up, because it taught me a certain trick to do (hammer ons and such0 and then it would teach me a song. then you would learn another trick and the previous trick would be in that song a s well. there are just to many tricks to learn when you go to learn a whole song off of youtube. am I making sense?

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
"1996" you are making perfect sense. At this point I would keep listening to songs you like and try to learn them by ear. Also when you hear a part you cant seem to learn by ear, google the name of the song and the word "tab" and it will take you to some great free tabs for guitar. Its really easy to read the tabs and take your time learning the song but break it down into parts, learn each "section" of the song. Theres also always lessons at most any music instrument store. They would teach you theory which goes a long way in playing guitar. I never took lessons, learned to play by ear for the most part. Now I am very set in my ways. I don't think I would personally gain much from lessons after 32 years of playing but you on the other hand are "new" from what your saying and you would benefit allot from lessons. Hope I've been helpful. Cheers, Shane

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I go to many jam sessions at my favorite lake here on the warmer days. I don't play, but an amateur photographer. We got an awesome surprise one day at a jam......Jack Rain water sat down and started playing with the guys. If any of you are old enough to remember Rock&roll in Detroit in the 70's, then you have heard of Jack. I have several pics of him playing with the guys. He never removes his shades, even when it gets dark. ;D. I wonder why? ::). Here is one pic of him........NGE This pic is misnamed his name is Jack Rainwater! The other guy, I don't know who he is, and by the way, the silhouette pic is my copyright.

Attachments

• Mystery Guest.jpg
    Mystery Guest.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 465
  • Jack Raintree.jpg
    Jack Raintree.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 376
  • Mystery Guest.jpg
    Mystery Guest.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 423
D

Dc1013

I sorta play the bass.I have a spector bass guitar and fender strat guitar and I don't play them enough.I also play the drums and quite a bit more than the guitars.When I get mad I take it out on them poor drum heads and my wife hates it >:( ;D ;D

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a nice 12 string Ovation elect/acoustic for sale in the classifieds here if any one is interested. Its listed in classifieds under " everything else". thanks, Shane

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been playing since I was 14. My very first guitar that I had and bought was a 1976 Gibson Firebird. My brother introduced me to Lynyrd Skynyrd when he came back from basic training at Great Lakes, he got tickets for the whole weekend in Atlanta, Ga to see Lynyrd Skynyrd, (DANG they were AUSOME!) Steve Gaines COULD PLAY! After that I was hooked. I fell in love with the guitar that Allen Collins used, (which was a Firebird mainly), then I wanted one. I took lessons for 2 months and found it was a joke, so i bought tablature and learn to play 3 compete songs in a week than what I would have learned in a year taking lessons. I used to have quite a collection of guitars, mostly Gibsons, 1976 Explorer, also a 1964 Firebird, a 1990 Firebird, when they brought them back into production, another 1991 Explorer, a Fender Strat, (for some reason I can't play right with a Strat, Gibson has a better feel for me. The Amp I used was a Peavey Backstage 30 that my mother bought for me in 1979, (which I still have). I got into the music scene and of course everthing that goes with it. I knew I had to do something as I would either end up in jail or dead from overdose. I sold ALL my equipment dried out a few years and then joined the Army.

After 1994 when I learned of Dallas Guitar Show, I brought my wife, (at the time) who never even knew I used to play. Picked up a Firebird, picked some tunes, (which I was rough), she talked me into buying it. After walking around she asked me how I was going to play it. I told her I would save some money to buy an amp. Well of course she insisted I buy one right then. After that every year I went and bought guitars, 2 Explorers, and another 2 Firebirds. Of course when she filed for divorce I lost it all.

So now I have a Gibson Les Paul, Celebrity Series, and I have a Peavey Classic 100 4X10 stack. About 3 years ago I came across a Peavey Mace stack, The exact same ones Skynyrd used back then, Boy she was LOUD, 160watts. I even made me a Fender Strat copy, body and neck, which comparing it to other American made Strats, you can't tell unless you happen to see the 2 minor flaws, one on the body and one on the neck. I will post some picks tomorrow of my gear. I would like to find someone to jam with, but being 46 Adan everyone around Austin, Texas area, wants to play nothing but SRV, and blues. I like ALL types of music, but I guess being my age, I just put on a CD and jam along, mostly to Skynyrd.

Sorry to make this posting long. Check this guy out, he is blind and AUSOME.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Check out Jack Rainwater sometime, not blind, but he is awesome too, he jams with the locals here, in Livonia Michigan, at Newburgh Lake. When the weather is warmer, they all use battery operated cube amps. To see some of the guys that jam at the lake, go to youtube and type in JRP35Doc, ameteure video............NGE

Gaijun1

Oct 11, 2010
Morgantown Wv
I Also Play My Last Rig Consisted Of
A Carvin MTS 3200 Head And 2 Blue Voodoo 4x12 Cabs
A Peavey Rockmaster Preamp And a Digitech 2101 Preamp / Processor
A S 100 Effects Unit For The Rockmaster
A Power Conditioner And Several Guitars And Stombox Pedals And Lots Of :coffee2:

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 79 Strat and an old Music Man tube amp at the moment ;D

Brian

stagger

Sep 29, 2010
Carrizozo, NM
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado Umax * Bounty Hunter Tracker 1-D/505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Zager acoustic electric guitar and trumpet.

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I tried for 2 years and figured out I have no ability to keep ...rhythm! For that reason I have a Estaban Electric/Acoustic Dreadnought Cutaway Mahoganny for sell with amp and case. An ION Electric Guitar with amp not sure amp is working, and a 4/4 Fiddle in case for sell (needs bridge)... PM me if interested, will sell or trade for metal detecting stuff...

ottor

Mar 1, 2012
So. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blues Guitar for 30+ years...

Gretsch White Penguin
Gibson Les Paul guilt blue steel
Gretsch Duane Eddy
Martin CF2 Hollowbody
Peavy Raptor

Orange 30W Thunder Amp
64' Fender Vibroverb
64' Fender Delux Reverb Black Face
71' Fender Champ

DonF

Nov 28, 2006
Brick, NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Whites 5900/DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Playing guitar since I was 15. Dropped it for a while and went in the Navy for a short 20 year stint. Picked it back up again and was in a band for years. Then I quit and built a music room in my house. Been playing and recording. I mainly use my Fender Strat, G&L and Charvel for electric. For acoustic, Takamine EF341, Martin d-16 and Cordoba classical. My amps are Fender Cyber Deluxe and Fishman SoloAmp. Various effects pedals and Cakewalk software for recording.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I played bass guitar,played for some 25 odd years or so.Ive had quite a few,best one was a washburn 5 string.I still have a Dean,ive had that about 20 years.I havent touched it in a long time since the last band i played in broke up,we played all originals.I liked playing AC/DC nirvana,the who,alice in chains,zepplin,the list goes on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread