Bobby Holland

Greenie
Feb 20, 2011
Burlington, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been playing guitar & bass guitar since 1963. Mostly Bass over the years. Did the road band full time several times. Now since I'm 63 I play in a classic country band 1 or 2 times a month. My detecting buddy is a drummer so we have a lot in common. I play a Fender Custom Shop Jazz Bass Relic (1996) & either a Ampeg B100R amp or a Gallien Krueger 1001RB amp with a 410 cabinet. My guitar is a 1969 Reissue Fender Thinline Telecaster & Fender Blues Junior amp. Lots of pedals & other assorted accessories. 1957 Harmony Archtop acoustic, Cordoba classical, 1965 Teisco Bass guitar.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Started out in 1963 with an antique 5string banjo and a classical gut sting guitar.Then the Beatles happened and I have been through many guitars and amps,some I regret letting go.I do wish I still had my VOX Vicount amp from the '60's.
I still have a good collection of guitars that didn't get away.
1970 Ampeg Dan Armstrong and 1970 Gibson Firebird V w/ tremelo (my main axes),1984 Gibson V,1970 Epiphone Crestwood,Epi Les Paul,Telecaster with Tex-Mex Pickups,Jackson with 22pin Humbucker and thin rail humbuckers,Fender 12string,Ovation 6string,Gretch Jr Jet,Vox Mark VI.They all have their own feel and sound.
Current amp is a Kustom 100watt solid state (I found tubes to be a pain in the ass after an AMPEG V4) through a Fender 4X 12 Cab.
Have not played in a band in years,but have managed ,produced,and published many acts over the years,but covered a Steve Earle song (Nothing But A Child) for a Christmas CD for a radio station I worked at in 2010.

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
1964 Gibson 330 (Cherry), 1976 Gibson ES175 D (Vintage Sunburst), 1998 Gibson Dove, 1974 Fender Strat, (Black), Ovation 1861 (Black), 2 Harmony acoustics, Alvarez lawsuit guitar-copy of Gibson SJ 200, old Vox amp, Fender Stereo Chorus amp. That's about it. Don't play at all now because of arthritis, but spent years playing in a band on Friday and Saturday nights. Garage band, just for fun. We all had day jobs. I taught high school days, college nights and lived for weekends...

frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been playing ever since I was 15...never played in any bands, oddly enough. I have played outside my apartment once, which was right next to a bar...I got about $20 one night, just playing my Fender acoustic. I love playing. It is such a stress reliever! My equipment that I use is an Ibanez RGT42DXFM guitar, knock-off Fender Strat, Fender acoustic, Peavey Bandit 112, BOSS DS-1, BOSS Super Chorus, and TC Electronics Flashback Delay pedal (my all-time favorite pedal!) I love playing all sorts of music but my favorite is instrumental rock (Satriani, Eric Johnson, Vai, Steve Morse, even Buckethead!)

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to Go Froggin. I've picked up some change buskin'. Been playing for 51 years. Also mandolin and Dobro

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I play a vintage 1971 Gibson marauder s1
a pro tube Laney
a korg peddle
gs 80 xl crate amp in to a 4/12 crate cabinet right side and a 3/12 separate cabinet left side in stereo
been playing since 14
I'm 48 this year and I still suck at it ....plus a base, drums, and key board....

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've played guitar for over 45 years. My mother was a country songwriter with a Nashville contract when I was a kid. I grew up in the business. The family hung out with Tom T. Hall and a bunch of his family and friends. So, we knew everyone in the Nashville scene. I played guitar with a lot of them as a kid and through my teen years.

I turned rock n' roll by the time I was about 20 years old and played in several bands. In my early thirties, I did a couple of solo albums and a lot of recording in the East. I played the Poconos and Catskills for smaller audiences at that time. It was the rise of the coffee-house scene and I enjoyed teaching fly fishing by day and playing music by night.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have played for quite a while; but just 'off and on'. I started in the late 60s/early 70s. Just strummin' the chords. I don't try to 'pick'. I have been so 'off and on' that I've never got decent with the guitar. I also like to play around with a keyboard and accordion. When in my early teens, took some piano lessons; but never practiced enough to really play anything. All of my playing now is without music. I have 4 acoustic guitars, a Kasuga, bought in 1974 (either made by a Martin-owned company, or 'made for Martin'), a Johnson bought a few weeks ago used, an old, old small Truetone, and a small C.M.T., that I bought on the internet from someplace in Houston, Texas. None are worth much if anything. The C.M.T. was only $23+ including shipping; but really surprised me with a decent sound. I installed a little pickup and bought a used 15 watt Marshall amp. I want to install a pickup on the Johnson. The Johnson I believe is the best sounding of the 4. The old Truetone (Western Auto's private brand) belonged to a close friend. He gave it to my son about a month before he died. It's beginning to come apart; not worth fixing. The Johnson has had some bridge problems in the past. Some glue residue in on it and one corner of the bridge is loose. I bought a tailpiece and installed it. Works great, and if anything increased the sound quality! Really surprised me. I'm ordering one for the little C.M.T. I've had it for about 6 or 7 years and am afraid the bridge will start 'caving in'. The bridge on the Kasuga has been slowly caving for quite a few years, so I guess I should get a tailpiece for it also. Anybody else done this on their guitars; and did you get good results?

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am heading to an Irish shindig at my parents' home. Here is a picture of me in Irish attire with a Breedlove guitar (C250 CME - great little guitar with a big sound).

mickey_maguire1sm.jpg

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great thread!
I have played guitar from the age of 15. I currently have a Kramer Baretta, Fender HM strat and an Epiphone 12 string. I like jacksons and vintage charvels too. Crate amps. I repair guitars so every couple of months a new (to me) ax shows up! A lot of the time people do not want to pay to have them repaired, so, I get A lot of purchase opportunities. I have A recording studio on my computer....possibilities are endless.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I envy you, Viking! lol I've always enjoyed playing around with guitars but never seemed to have the time to really 'get into it'. There was/is always something else that seems more important at the time.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have played Bass on and off for 40 years and get together with friends every Thursday night for the last 8 years. Currently have a Fender Jazz 24, Warwick Corvette 5 string, MarkBass Amp and compressor, Avatar 4x10 cab, Ibanez Acoustic Guitar, Leslie Speaker and a load of other gear. Have played rock, Jazz, Blues, Standards. Currently playing Rockabilly, Elvis 60's and 70's easier rock, Eagles and select Country. Great thread hope there are more players out there.

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am surprized there are not more folks posting, one thing the world has in common is Music.

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Post ended?
I'm not good at playing but I do have 5 guitars ,
Fender acoustic
Epiphone lespaul 335 cherry
Epiphone viola bass
Epiphone lespaul slash / cherry
Epiphone lespaul beginners guitar

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have The Eddie Cochran Gretsch G6120-EC Signature Series.

And a Gretsch G5022 Rancher Electro Acoustic.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post ended?
I'm not good at playing but I do have 5 guitars ,
Fender acoustic
Epiphone lespaul 335 cherry
Epiphone viola bass
Epiphone lespaul slash / cherry
Epiphone lespaul beginners guitar

Does the Epi Les Paul Slash have zebra pickups?

A few of mine.....

HM Strat.

DSCN9971.JPG

Kramer Baretta/Striker hybrid.

DSCN0655.JPG

Epiphone plus top Les Paul.

DSCN9882.JPG

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have played Bass on and off for 40 years and get together with friends every Thursday night for the last 8 years. Currently have a Fender Jazz 24, Warwick Corvette 5 string, MarkBass Amp and compressor, Avatar 4x10 cab, Ibanez Acoustic Guitar, Leslie Speaker and a load of other gear. Have played rock, Jazz, Blues, Standards. Currently playing Rockabilly, Elvis 60's and 70's easier rock, Eagles and select Country. Great thread hope there are more players out there.

I am in to Early Elvis/Scotty Moore sun records and Rockabilly and Country and some other types of music, But Rockabilly is my thing and Country Swing hence why I play a Gretsch,

I have wanted a Gretsch for 0ver 36 years so I could not hold back any more and I bought 3 last year, But it was Eddie Cochran's Guitar and Duane Eddy's Twang that got me Hooked So naturally I bought The Eddie Cochran Signature series and it sounds exactly like his and with that Gibson Pickup it sounds just like Scotty Moore's 295 that he plated on Elvis's Early Sun Records, It don't get any better than that,

My EC4.png

my EC3.png

My TNR.jpg

my Rancher.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread