Anybody play guitar?

iammetalcore

Aug 3, 2007
I've been a musician since I was about 5 and started with bass guitar when I was 16.

I absolutely love it!

Anyway, here is my rig:

SVT-810E_LG.jpg

Ampeg 8X10 cabinet

SVT-4PRO_LG.jpg

Ampeg SVT 4-Pro head

And my favorite bass:
sr900.jpg

Ibanez SR 900

Sorry none of these are actual photos, my digital camera's lense is messed up....

Anybody else play?

OP
OP
I

iammetalcore

Aug 3, 2007
I have been playing in bands since I was 16. Starting with hard rock and as I got better, moved into modern metalcore and thrash. I also played in a Johnny Cash tribute band!

I love to play all types of music though.

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
taking lessons next month..........rock'n'roll bomber

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
Nice rig!

I also use ampeg as well. My current "live" rig consists of an 6x10 hlf cab (also 2 4x10hlfs). I use digi pedals for my chorus and overdrive (I also have th ebass synth and compression pedals but don;t really use them). I use the SVT3Pro head as well.
My current basses are Warwick Corvette 4 active/passive - I'm currently endorsed by Warwick
One of a kind Schecter Model T Raven bass Active with no volume nob, PJ set up and aguilar electronics. I absolutely love this bass.
60th anniversary Fender P-bass in pearl with my name engraved in the pick guard. Great P bass.
Fender Aerodyne Jazz bass. Love the lightweight feel and fast neck. Not the best sounding bass but fun to play.

I also have a GK practice rig that I use in my garage.

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I have played guitar for 31 years. My dad was a musician as I was growing up. I have a Fender Strat, Peavey T-15, 12 string Ovation(acoustic electric) and a Ventura acoustic electric as well as a Crate amp, a Peavey Bandit 65 and a key board and 2, 4 track recorders. I love blues and rock and roll preferably 70s rock. I also recently purchased a Boss 64 Track Digital Studio. Its complete with awesome effects, programable drum machine and microphone effects. Its like having columbia studios in your house. Can convet to mp3s or CDs. I'm having a ball with it and don't even use my Zoom effects or wah pedal anymore.

K

Kentucky Kache

I've played music most all my life and have had a variety of instruments, as well as three studio recorders. I play five or six instruments, but mostly harmony style acoustic guitar, though I don't play as much as I use to.

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Fender Strat , Fender Stage 212 , and a Morely Wah.
Also a variety of accustic and electrics.
Was in a classic rock band for a couple years in my 30s. When it became more of a job than a passion I got out. Now I just pick Zeppy tunes on my twelve string ....in my garage.

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
mrs.oroblanco said:
Shanegalang,

What do you think of your Crate? I am considering getting one.

B
Its a GLX 30.......just 30 watts for practicing/picking around in my apt. I do like it alot, it has the typical clean and distorted channels and 16 built in effects. What Crate are you looking into getting? Shane

OkieMike

Dec 19, 2007
Moore,Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre and Cibola.
Yep! Two basses.A Ibanez SR 400,and a Rick 4001.SWR WorkingMan 15 Amp. And a Digitech BP 200 effects pedal. I mainly play Top 40 and Classic Rock.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Yea, I play mostly acoustic guitar,mandolin,dulcimer, harmonicas and keyboard. I have been
playing for 20 years. I love to play,mostly with friends,no band. It's hard to beat music,friends,
and good food.

2 many Hobbies

Mar 8, 2007
Westchester New York
Detector(s) used
Etrac, AT pro,Tesoro Vaquero, Ace 350, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The guitar is one of my favorite musical instrument. But I never had the pacients to learn I gave up twice. Now I just listen to the music.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I play acoustic quitar & harmonica.

Fossis..................

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I play, but I cheat... I play dobro style, (if that's the correct term) in E chord. Had an injury on my left hand that made normal play impossible, but I never really had the coordination anyway. I can rift well enough to keep myself amused, and fool everyone else. :P Got a white Peavey and Peavey amp. Dug up an old Gibson tube type amp, can't wait to try it out. I play trumpet too, but nobody wants to hear trumpets anymore. I still give them a blast on New Years Eve though. ;D

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Excavatar...........keep blowing that trumpet. Some of my best memories are of listening to the bands my dad was in as I was growing up. They always had a brass section, played alot of 50s and 60s and rythym&blues. I love to hear brass in a band. Wish you were nearby, we could get together and jam!!! Cheers, Shane

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
A jam session would be cool. Haven't done that since my friend 'Bear' passed on. He was a professional musician and got me started playing as therapy for the hand. It worked too!

My Uncle has a music room set up. He's got all these instruments and a 4-track reel to reel recorder. When he's done recording, it sounds like a band, but he was the only one playing.

What a coincidence, my oldest son is named, Shane. :thumbsup:

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool excavator. I have a music room too. I have a couple of 4 track recorders. I do some home recording like your referring to. I have effects for drums and what not.

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started playing guitar in 1976. I have a 1972 lefty Strat, Digitech GSP20 pro with Foot Controller, and a Peavey Basic 60 amp. Never had a band but jammed once in a while with friends. I never was very good at it but its still fun to make some noise and p!@# off the neighbors! I looked like Jimmy Page when I was in high school and have always loved Led Zep. Still play "Over the hills and far away" for the wife. Thats how I got her to marry me.
Always been a rock and roller and love the blues (SRV, Gary Moore), but my carpenters fingers won't let me shred. Still fun to try though. Thinking about selling the gear and picking up an acoustic to have something to plunk around on while camping.

You are never to old to rock.
Have fun
Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread