Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reactions: Fat

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's canvas you could recover with fiberglass. Fiberglass is a PIA to work with and you should take precautions on the fumes. Any wood you replace can be bent by making a steam cooker. I used to use old rain gutter and a couple propane gas burners. After steaming you can bend and clamp the wood to fit. If you replace a rib, steam bend and clamp the new one on the outside of the hull one position down the hull. That will allow the rib to form to the hull and after it drys it will fit inside at its new location. Use copper nails. Maybe I'm assuming too much on it being canvas.... grin. Maybe you have a rib-less striper canoe

Reactions: Fat

Sammy00

Greenie
Oct 29, 2021
I have never swum a canoe, but I love kayaking. I have been doing this for 7 years. I often took my dog kayaking with me a couple of times.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
...please make some pics. I would like to see before, during and after plz. The wooden canoes I’ve seen look so nice I would be afraid to use them.
Mudflap plz add some pics of yours too, any and all, I think you know what your talking about for sure..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread