I found a new hobby (kind of)

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, over here in Iraq with some downtime so I poked around on the internet and came across a site that deals with paper scale models. So I googled it and found LOTS of models that you can download and print for free. Well I did this Piper J3 Cub with just a gluestick and the scissors on my Swiss Army Knife. I printed it on plain paper but you should do a lot of it on cardstock. Anyway, now my wife's sending me some printable cardstock, my hobby knife set, my Fiskars cutting mat, and some Aleen's Tacky Glue. I say it's "kind of" a new hobby to me because I've built plastic scale models quite a bit in the past so now I'm just working in a different medium. When I get some better materials and more experience at it I'll post some better stuff, but for now here's my first attempt at it:

J3 Cub 01.jpg

J3 Cub 02.jpg

J3 Cub 03.jpg

HH,
SgtSki

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
How cool! It looks good. I bet you're gonna have a heck of a good time once your supplies get there.

You inspired me to search for "paper model" stuff myself. Oboy, you could really get lost in that stuff! (as if I didn't have enough "hobbies" already :P )

It looks like a lot of fun, and really interesting. Thanks for the nudge - I think lol

Nan

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Cool piper cub there sarge! I got a kit years ago, it was called "Whitewings". It was a pre printed card stock and you cut out and glued it together in multi layers and they actually flew.

Good work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread