Bizarre Foods!

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can have many dif things in this world think of it someone has cooked it i am a chef and i love the exotic things. to me food is a symphony of flavors one can only sit back and enjoy the flavors. i am not scared to try any flavors from around the world. sushi mountain oysters offal no prob what you trow at me i will sit back and enjoy the ride. all the weird dishes that you see on menus people have tried and before that it was a means of survival i.e duck confit " a way of persevering duck meat through the winter:" my advice is try all things you may like what you discover.

Apr 27, 2008
rhode island
Detector(s) used
titan 1000 xd
PBK said:
jeff of pa said:
My Favorite Winter Snack is Cold Liver Pudding.... composed of pig liver, head parts, and cornmeal.

Okay, I'm going to say this with as much dignity and reserve as I can muster...

my thoughts exactly...
i don't know if i've really eaten anything odd... i've had a buffalo burger once... i like snail salad... i had a venison burger once...

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
When I was growing up my dad had one of those incredible edible books for things in the ocean....we tried everything he could find when he was out diving....I would have to say his pickled octopus was like chewing on a pickled rubber hose...not the best although I have had octopus that was good.....the worst though would have to have been the wolf eel. YUCK! Those things are butt ugly and smell and taste worse! lol When we went on a 3 day survival trip we ate a lot of sea cucumber as well. Most things I will at least taste if I have not tried it before but I am sure there are exceptions! :tongue3:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
jeff of pa said:
Road Kill ?

I Pick up Fresh Roadkill and have had

Squirrel, Pheasant ( I think they call them "Turkey Buzzard" here ?) , Deer, & Turkey road kills.

The squirrel must have been especially hard to hit.

you don't hit a squirrel they hit you.

very rare.

wish i could turn around on a dime like they do :P

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Mona Lisa said:
I just had frog legs and baby squid on Sunday at a local restaurant. I'll probably pass on both next time. :P :P :P

I do love sushi...even thought that's not that bizarre. :)

only two groups of people get brain worms. The ones who eat raw or undercooked pork and those who eat raw fish (sushi). Strongly recommend you don't do that anymore. There are recent photos on the web that show those brain worms and describe what it feels like when you get them. siegfried schlagrule

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
Mona Lisa said:
I just had frog legs and baby squid on Sunday at a local restaurant. I'll probably pass on both next time. :P :P :P

I do love sushi...even thought that's not that bizarre. :)

only two groups of people get brain worms. The ones who eat raw or undercooked pork and those who eat raw fish (sushi). Strongly recommend you don't do that anymore. There are recent photos on the web that show those brain worms and describe what it feels like when you get them. siegfried schlagrule

Mr. Siegfried and Roy, Have you researched this? http://www.snopes.com/photos/medical/maggots.asp

I think I'll continue to eat sushi! Yummy! :tongue3:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Attachments

• BeijingFastFood2_Page_02.jpg
    BeijingFastFood2_Page_02.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 319
  • BeijingFastFood2_Page_13.jpg
    BeijingFastFood2_Page_13.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 300
  • BeijingFastFood2_Page_12.jpg
    BeijingFastFood2_Page_12.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 310
  • BeijingFastFood2_Page_11.jpg
    BeijingFastFood2_Page_11.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 309
  • BeijingFastFood2_Page_10.jpg
    BeijingFastFood2_Page_10.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 321
  • BeijingFastFood2_Page_08.jpg
    BeijingFastFood2_Page_08.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 314
  • BeijingFastFood2_Page_07.jpg
    BeijingFastFood2_Page_07.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 310
  • BeijingFastFood2_Page_06.jpg
    BeijingFastFood2_Page_06.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 318
  • BeijingFastFood2_Page_05.jpg
    BeijingFastFood2_Page_05.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 315
  • BeijingFastFood2_Page_04.jpg
    BeijingFastFood2_Page_04.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 321
  • BeijingFastFood2_Page_03.jpg
    BeijingFastFood2_Page_03.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 327
OP
OP
E59

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok, that worm/brain photo was just obnoxious!!!!! :icon_scratch: Yes, I will still eat sushi. I have no vices other than eating so why live life with no pleasure? Maybe when I'm dying of worm-brain I'll take up smoking again!
Cynangel I have seen people eat those sea cucumbers and they look to be about the most unappetizing item there is. I give you the award :icon_queen: of "weird" foods! Someday maybe I'll be able to inherit if from you. Until then, keep it up!

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Crawdads are good. Don't try crow. Not too exotic but try yellow squash fried in butter and strawberry preserves. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich with nacho cheese dorito's is pretty good. All road kill is fair game if rigormortis hasn't set in.

Isn't grits made from corn?

Never met a seafood I didn't like.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
ArkieGold said:
Crawdads are good. Don't try crow. Not too exotic but try yellow squash fried in butter and strawberry preserves. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich with nacho cheese dorito's is pretty good. All road kill is fair game if rigormortis hasn't set in.

Isn't grits made from corn?

Never met a seafood I didn't like.

There is also hominy grits!

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Isn't hominy corn? Reason I asked was somebody said something about cream of wheat. Now I love cream of wheat but hominy or grits...

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
ArkieGold said:
Isn't hominy corn?

Yep! I just assumed the yankees wouldn't know that.I have to admit,I like grits,cream of wheat.and hominy! We were poor,real poor,we use to eat butter beans for breakfast,drink water for lunch,and let 'em swell up for supper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions