Time to fish

Nonsequitur

Dec 18, 2006
Well, since the water here in Texas is getting a little warmer the white bass and crappie are starting to bite. Two weeks ago caught only seven whites but all were 2 to 2.5 lbs. Last week-end my friend and I caught 12 crappie apiece. My biggest was 14.25 inches with 5 more over 13. My other fishing buddy have parts of the river marked where the whites are stacking up so it should be only a little while before they really start biting. This is from last years spring run of white bass.
fish2.jpg

We limited out at 25 apiece with a nice crappie thrown in. All caught within 3-4 hrs. We caught over a hundred but these were the best keepers. Going tomorrow and will try something new to us. Maybe ya'll up north can give me some tips. We are going to try 'divers' while trolling. They are small plastic fins in-line with your bait that dive deeper than your lure alone. Since the water is still a little cold right now they are around the 40 foot mark and the lures only go to 22 at best. I've heard that up north ya'll use them for salmon and lake trout that are deep and am wondering what bait or lures ya'll would recommend. I figure a small-lipped hard bait or maybe even live bait. What say ya'll?

OP
OP
Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur

Dec 18, 2006
Not yet. Fish are still stacking up but the run hasn't started yet. Going Saturday so I hope it doesn't rain.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
think I better go chk out the pond, it must be fishin fever & contagious

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions