Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Hi all,
Well I used to have ham plates (free in Oregon) but now have just regular ones to not encourage auto thieves.
I did want to tell other hams that I was one also.
Some pride there I know.
So I put in CW some black electrical tape an easy message for the knowing ones to read on the back of my auto.
Looks a bit strange but not really.
_..
_.._

Grey

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I love radio of all sorts! For years I was a radio disc jockey. I had an F.C.C. First Class Radiotelephone License and now a General Classs Radiotelephone License. Over the past 33 years, I have various C.B radios (Base & Moble) and run about 600 watts of power! In amatuer, I have a Kenwwod 215A, 2M, hand held. Also love using my two frequency scanners! :blob1:

You're a comin in wall ta wall and tree top tall....Bullfrog!

You say you're runnin a 600 Watt hairdryer?

I was a CBer back in the "golden years." I still can hear that Browning Eagle mic squeak and picture the local police officer coming to follow up on a complaint from my neighbor for disrupting her FM radio listening. lol

My wife has a ham license and she's into it big time. We have a 2 meter rig running now.

She's constantly trying to get me into it. I would have loved it when I was young but now I mostly look for peace and quiet.

Last edited:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CQ, CQ, CQ...N1UOW here...

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

GeekNJ

Mar 10, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & MI-6, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have several cb's, and bought a old base station at a auction, don't know how to hook it up. The CB's I know what to do with. Need a repair on my old Galaxy CB Radio.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N1UOW (also known as N1 U Old Woman...the name given to me by my Elmer). Don't have any working equipment at this point, but I still keep up my license. Was on 2m in the Boston area and worked many years as communications at the Boston Marathon and other events.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Husband is an EE...he's the brain in the family! I'm the good looking one! :laughing7:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because of the lines of force generated...a physical attraction.

Now, what do I win?

Jan 14, 2013
Over there, Somewhere. K-town
Detector(s) used
Electrons. A lot of them.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because of the lines of force generated...a physical attraction.

Now, what do I win?

Nothing lol. I asked why, not how.

"A true "why" question will forever go unanswered. -We may have defined the speed of light to travel at C, but why does it travel at C is another question ...that can never be answered."

Magnets work "Because of the lines of force generated"

But why? No one knows. They just do.

Found a few bottles over the weekend! Going to make a few educational wadio displays

j45FAPH.jpg

Hot glue is coming off as soon as the lacquer has cured. Can anyone recommend an alternative to seal up the coil? I have quite a bit of resin left over, both poly & epoxy, but I'm worried the methyl ethyl ketone peroxide will eat the enamel off the magnet wire?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions