Home Brewing and fireworks.

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Beer 2.jpg
    Beer 2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Beer.jpg
    Beer.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Home Brewing.jpg
    Home Brewing.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 131
  • _DSC0553.jpg
    _DSC0553.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 2015 4th of July.jpg2.jpg
    2015 4th of July.jpg2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 146

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol. Did Bart get into a new line of sales? 🤣

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a batch in the basement (3) years old.Think its ready? LOL:)

OP
OP
junkhunt

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it have green fuzz growing on top of it?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only one way to find out. Hit that baby hard and see if you can walk!

OP
OP
junkhunt

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No green fuzz.And sealed tight.Think its any good ?
All I can say give it a try. I have beer that's in the bottles for longer than that with no problems. If its sealed in bottles or keg and carbonated it should be fine. If it taste good have a party.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh man! I was just down in the basement looking at my equipment sitting unused, and the ingredients I have in stock to make several batches. I'm too lazy to do it, yet I go out and purchase better brews?

And you guys embarrass me to get off my duff!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man! I was just down in the basement looking at my equipment sitting unused, and the ingredients I have in stock to make several batches. I'm too lazy to do it, yet I go out and purchase better brews?

Leaving it sit in bags unfermenting is Alcohol Abuse. Just sayin

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I was making a batch of Champlain.From time to time you have to turn the bottles.Well,one day I went to turn em,opened the door.And Boom ! I was hit w/a Billion small flying bugs.Seems one of the corks popped w/o me knowing and the room was full of them.Had to call a exterminator :(

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just now dug it out .Here it is.Almost looks like brandy :) .........Oh my, is it strong! 002.JPG

OP
OP
junkhunt

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If your ingredients is more than a year old don't waste your time it won't be any good. If the ingredients is part liquid malt extract forget it. It may ferment and you will have a bubbling airlock but the wort will turn black and the only thing its good for is dumping down a gopher hole. Buy new the ingredients and get busy.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
In the early 90's I brewed, and brewed. Put a lot of peaches in the batches - tried a few other fruits as well, but things like apples made it too acidic for my tastes. I don't remember how high I took the ABV up, but certainly pushing 15% = those were my goals then.

My favorite imported beer was Samichlaus Classic Bier, an ABV of 14%, and as tasteful as heaven as far as beer drinking goes. And powerful kick. So I modeled my beer making after that - just loved the taste.

My Daddy was a bootlegger = moonshine. Used to carry cases to and from his stash sites, dropped a case once - suffered consequences of that. But never carried anymore cases for him. My stepfather was an alcoholic. He died in a car crash, driving drunk.

I had one six pack of my latest brew remaining, and while I was at work my stepfather came up to where I lived in Ohio. A hot July day, and when I walked in the door from work I went straight for my fridge for a bottle, and they were all gone :(

I walked out to my deck, and my stepfather was propped up in the corner of my deck, with a stream of drool all the way down to the deck flooring. I can understand him drinking it all because it tasted so good!

Then I took a job in Detroit, made another batch and all the bottles started exploding - I'd failed in the sanitary needs. That was '94 and I haven't made a batch since.

There's no further excuse for getting back into brewing except laziness, and it is work intensive.

But it tasted so good!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread