Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dec 2004
    East Central Kentucky
    1962 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Class act observed on Clearwater Beach Florida

I spent the better part of last week vacationing with my sons on Clearwater Beach. I didn't take a detector but dang it sure was fun watching the detectorists do their thing! Shallow water hunting appears to be as physically demanding as anything I've ever done with a detector, wow. You guys rock.

I was pleasantly surprised that each detectorist I spoke with was willing to take a minute to chat and share some tips, that was just awesome. One in particular is a Tnet member, I believe his user name is "Clyp". I wanted to thank him again for taking the time to answer my questions and share his knowledge with me. As he waded off in the distance, I glanced his way every now. I noticed at one point he stopped to retrieve something then immediately made his way to shore. I thought, man...he's found something good! I was getting ready to beeline over to him to see what it was when he handed whatever it was to a little girl on the beach!! I'm guessing by the smile on her face that it must of been a sea shell or maybe even a relic from the ocean floor.

Now that was a class act! I was even more honored to have shaken hands with Clyp. In the span of a few minutes, this gentleman represented himself, our hobby, this website and the City of Clearwater. Impressive to say the least. Contagious is more like it!

Jamie from Kentucky.

us
    Jul 2006
    South Central Orlando
    Excal 1000
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Class act observed on Clearwater Beach Florida

Thanks Jamie

Wow I am speechless Thanks for the kind words they are much appreciated!!

It was a Shell. It was a Large Conch ( no animal inside) and it had been at the bottom of my scoop along with some can slaw. I bring them home to my little girl regularly and I know what a thrill kids get when they get them. She had a very small collection and I had been watching her dart like a sandpiper from one broken shell to another.

She was very pleased I gave her a "treasure"

us
    Feb 2005
    Spring Hill, Florida
    122 times
    Banner Finds (1)

WTG Clyp!
    Garrett GTI 1500, CZ-20, White's Dual PI, Bounty Hunter QD II, Ace 250, Determination & persistence!

us
    Feb 2008
    Enid, Mississippi
    White's Eagle II, Ace 250's (2), Cobra Beach Magnet

This is one of the most inspiring posts I've seen here. Jamie, it's great for you to take the time and effort to post such a positive message. Clyp, you rock! It's the little positive things like making the little girls day and taking time to answer questions that makes this hobby so enjoyable. Your a credit to the hobby and to mankind in general.
    Cleaning up the earth, one pull tab at a time

us
    Jul 2008
    Virginia Beach
    Excal 2 and E Trac
    4 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Way to go Clyp! A lot of people are afraid of detectorists hunting around crowds. Personally, I love the questions people, especially children, ask. I always enjoy giving away shells to people who are collecting them. They are always so suprised, and that makes it worthwhile. Not to mention the gratitude shown by them.

Now we just need to get you in the water as well Jamie! It truly is grueling and physically demanding, but it is very worthwhile if you persist at it. Hopefully next time you visit, youll be handing out shells to pretty young ladies . Just be sure to leave some of the gold for your fellow hunter. Take some, but not all.

Anthony
    It is amazing what men will do for an extra inch.

us
    Apr 2007
    God's lap
    X-terra 70 ACE 250
    55 times

What a great story! I am sure you made her day Clyp! It is great to see folks represent our hobby so well and even take time to make a lil girl smile!

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3968 times

Way to go Clyp!!!

It is the little things like this that gives our image a positive spin.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Feb 2007
    East Central Florida WP
    Whites XLT / M6
    19 times

You created a long lasting memory and memories are truly treasures.

WTG

Ray S
    Ray S ECenFL

us
    American by Birth ~ Gun Owner by Right ~ Jesus by Choice

Jan 2007
    George West, TX
    SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
    21 times
    Banner Finds (2)

kuddos! I love to do the same with the shells, cars, armymen, or other little trinket along the beach when I find them. The kids give you a big ol smile that makes your day. The older kids love the ate up pennies, because they don't what they are and its something like a treasure hunt to discover whats under all that junk.

I am proud of you for taking time to chat with others as well all to often we hear how rude or unfriendly the detector people are, and this is from others here who detect. Its nice to have a positive story now.
    Dawn
    MCALLEN, TX

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    3323 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

ah the look of joy on a childs face -- priceless.

Jun 2007
    Sydney Australia
    Excal

Clyp, class act all the way, truly there is more pleasure in the giving than receiving, and 1320 to take the time to tell us about what you saw is a credit to you in this all too busy world, this story is the essence of Tnet, I just wish there was a banner for this sort of post.
    I'll start swingin as soon as I figure out how to put these darn headphones on.

us
    Jul 2005
    New Mexico
    White's XLT
    20 times

Kudos, Clyp, for showing the best side of our hobby!!

And thanks to 1320 for sharing this story!
    We all know there's no such thing as a "hunted out" location. Let's stop using that phrase to describe a park out of which you just dug a pile of coins! Obviously that particular place wasn't "hunted out", right?

us
    DFCA

Dec 2006
    Kansas
    XP DEUS
    49 times
    Banner Finds (1)

it's people like you Clyp that make me glad that I'm a MD'er
    Thank you

Sniffer

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29108 times

Personal friend of Clyp, class act in all ways..................
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Jul 2006
    Gulf Coast, Florida
    Minelab Excals & Quattro
    10 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Way to go Clyp. Sends a nice positive message to kids and parents that are always observing us.

By the way....never did find those keys or anything other than can-slaw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links