๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION 2008 NYG S. BOWL RING DUG ON MYRTLE BEACH -RETURNED! PLAYER REVEALED! NEW PICS !

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. , Expl.II & Excalibur
Re: 2008 NYG SUPER BOWL RING FOUND ON MYRTLE BEACH BY WV TREASURE HUNTER

dobbie said:
WOW that is an impressive find for sure. WTG on finding it and returning it. to be honest I would have been tempted to keep it. The closest thing I have ever found to something like that was a replica championship ring for the Sacremento Monarchs.
[/quote Thanks Dobbie, That ring you found had me fooled for a minute. It looked pretty real. The Super Bowl ring was a great find and has been a fun experience. It just goes to show you that theres more than one way to get a Super Bowl ring. I knew when I saw the name on it, it would have to go to the owner. If it had not had a name on it, I would have surely kept it. It was a very touching experience, as I was talking to my deceased father when I found the ring. It gave me chills down my spine when I dug the ring up. What a feeling. I have been bitten by the treasure hunting bug and was already obsessed with it, prior to finding the ring. Its a super fun hobby and my girlfriend is not too happy about me spending so much time treasure hunting. So keep the loop swinging and your next championship ring may be a real one. Thanks, steviewhite]

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Lowbatts said:
Man I've got to check this board more often, that is one nice find. Should've asked for a jersey!
[/quoteThanks Lowbatts, I'm fairly new on this board. It is a real neat board. Lots of variety here. I just didn't have it in me, to as a man for a jersey, when I was returning his Super Bowl ring to him, that I had found. You would have thought he would have fixed me up with one, without asking. He only had the ring for a month or month and a half, and then lost it. He surely didn't know where he lost it, or he would have dug the beach up looking for it. A little shaky, if you know what I mean. It took him a month and a half to come and get the ring. It is an unusual story, to say the least. Well anyhow, it was fun and a great find. Keep Your Loop Swinging, My TH Friend. Steviewhite ]

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi,

Definitely a banner find.

I can understand if only the rookie player had been contacted directly. They are young and don't always come from areas of the country that encourage generousity. Probably overwhelmed by emtions. But the staff of the Giants (PR directors, agents, etc) really let this player down. Especially since you have keep the players ID secret. I'm sure you could have made a small amount of money just from selling the story to the press. If nothing else, the gag order has keep you from being properly recognized in the national community and lifting your fellow man's faith in humanity.

Still congrats on doing the right thing that would make your Pa proud. Hard to do with the economy the way it is.

HH

Sheldius

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Sheldius said:
Hi,

Definitely a banner find.

I can understand if only the rookie player had been contacted directly. They are young and don't always come from areas of the country that encourage generousity. Probably overwhelmed by emtions. But the staff of the Giants (PR directors, agents, etc) really let this player down. Especially since you have keep the players ID secret. I'm sure you could have made a small amount of money just from selling the story to the press. If nothing else, the gag order has keep you from being properly recognized in the national community and lifting your fellow man's faith in humanity.

Still congrats on doing the right thing that would make your Pa proud. Hard to do with the economy the way it is.

HH

Sheldius
[/quoteHello Sheldius,

Thanks for your nice comments, my TH friend. I had thoughts about giving the players name, but He seemed so embarassed about losing it that I have witheld giving his name out. To be honest with you, the NYGiants management was kind of rude and wanted me to send the ring to them by Fed Ex with standard insurance only. I told them I couldn't send it unless I insured it for the full $25,000, in case is was lost, I could be held liable for it. They indicated they would have to turn it over to NFL security. Not too friendly. But anyhow, It was more important for me to please The Lord and My Pa than anyone else. Thanks Again, My Friend. Steviewhite-Fayetteville, WV

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gee I'm a Lions fan so as far as returning a SuperBowl ring to a Detroit Lion...Never mind, forget about it, I didn't even bring it up...

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

Hey Piercesdad, i see you still couldn't lose them (lions) by moving far away ;D

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Piercesdad said:
Gee I'm a Lions fan so as far as returning a SuperBowl ring to a Detroit Lion...Never mind, forget about it, I didn't even bring it up...
[/quote allBallHello Piercesdad,

Thanks for comment. I'm not too much in Pro Ball. Watch WVU College Football sometimes, and Super Bowl.Thats about it. Anyhow Good Luck, Take Care-Steviewhite-Fayetteville, WV]

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Piercesdad, i see you still couldn't lose them (lions) by moving far away

Yeah, They're like steppin' in dogcrap. You can scrap all visible remnants away but the stench just stays with you. The worst thing! I'm forced to watch on Turkey day even on non-sell outs. (grew up in Lake Orion)

Bartman

Apr 9, 2008
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250

Wow, just came across this today. How this isn't a banner find I'll never know :icon_scratch:. Way to do the right thing! Giving someone back 25,000 dollars is no small order. As for the Giants organization and how they treated you, I'd go to the press with that. Granted you didn't want anything, but the least they could do is treat you with courtesy and respect. I wonder why this player didn't want this to go public? I'm sure your Pops would have been proud. Great story :thumbsup:

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector

Your Pops is saying"That's my Boy" :thumbsup:

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Bartman said:
Wow, just came across this today. How this isn't a banner find I'll never know :icon_scratch:. Way to do the right thing! Giving someone back 25,000 dollars is no small order. As for the Giants organization and how they treated you, I'd go to the press with that. Granted you didn't want anything, but the least they could do is treat you with courtesy and respect. I wonder why this player didn't want this to go public? I'm sure your Pops would have been proud. Great story :thumbsup:
[/quote
Hello Bartman, I'm like you. I would think this would make the banner. Maybe you have to be a charter member. I'm not sure. This truly was my best find so far. I've been hunting 30 years or so. I built my first detector, a Whites Coinmaster. My friend had one and I copied the circuit. Had to buy a used loop, but found one for $15. Had a total of $25 in it and we had a blast with it. So many coins, rings, and civil war artifacts. I has been a pleasure and a great hobby. Yeah, the ring was unbelievable. It had 3 larger diamonds that were football shaped and 67 smaller various size diamonds. The 2.5 oz. of gold would have scrapped for $2500. NYG paid $25K each. The NYG weren't too friendly. It makes you wonder about the world and how some people are. No appreciation or respect. The player acted like he was very embarrassed that he lost the ring. He only had it a month or two and then lost it. He wanted security at the hotel too. I had 2 state troopers and one city policeman on the scene.(They were all NYG fans and wanted to see the ring and the player) One of the troopers even had NYG socks on. The player would never want to talk much about how he lost the ring. He said " I never thought I would see this ring again". I had him to sign a release form that I had returned his ring in the condition it was found, and the state troopers witnessed him signing it. It was truly a neat ordeal. I enjoyed the peoples response to seeing the ring. It was shown to everyone around. But the most important thing, I knew that the Lord and my Pa were smiling. What a great feeling. Thanks for the nice comments my TH friend. God Bless You and Yours and Good Luck Detecting. Steviewhite-Fayetteville, WV]

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

OPUS1 said:
Your Pops is saying"That's my Boy" :thumbsup:
[/quote
Hello Opus1, It gives me chills down my spine when I think about my Pa watching me find the ring. It was like a dream. How I was talking to my Pa when I found the ring, is so precious to me. I knew what to do with the ring. It was meant to go right back to the original owner. I could feel it in my heart. Truly a great feeling! Thanks for the nice comments, my Th friend. God Bless & Good Luck Detecting. Steviewhite-Fayetteville, WV]

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This story warms my heart and yes of course you did the right thing in returning it. While I wait to get my new detector, these type of stories keep the fire burning.

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

davidtn said:
This story warms my heart and yes of course you did the right thing in returning it. While I wait to get my new detector, these type of stories keep the fire burning.
[/quote Hello Davidtn,

Thanks for the nice comments. I also have cabin fever, gold fever, and I am ready to get back to detecting as soon as the weather breaks. We had a nice day today in the 60's. Won't be long. I'm working on a set of wireless headphones and some other mods to my sovereign detector. Need to get them completed soon. I just love the TH hobby. It is a blast. My finds have paid for many metal detectors over the years. I have got hung up on rings now, especially the gold ones. Working the lakes and beaches now. Gotting hooked on the in-water hunting. It is so much fun. I love scooping up the gold and silver rings. The water in the lake I hunted last summer was so clear that I could see 2- one dollar bills on the bottom. They were easy to scoop up. Found 20 gold rings and 20 or 30 silver rings in 2 weeks. I found a lake that had not been hunted much. It has hooked me now. I will hit it as soon as the temp is 70 or better. Take care, Good Luck, and hope you enjoy your new metal detector. It's amazing what you can find out there. Steviewhite-Fayetteville, WV]

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Stevie,

Your home town Fayetteville is fantastic! I ride my BMW 1150 R motorcycle there any chance I get, and always love the food at the Cathedral Cafe! I travel Rt. 60 from Charleston, then Rt. 16 for twisties, without speed traps of Ansted.

I applaud your skill and perseverance!

It would have been tempting for me to contact the Giants, alert them of the find, and determine the interest and size of the reward for the return of the ring. If insufficient interest, I would have kept the ring.

Banner Find; Banner Treasure Hunter!

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

chirper97 said:
Hi Stevie,

Your home town Fayetteville is fantastic! I ride my BMW 1150 R motorcycle there any chance I get, and always love the food at the Cathedral Cafe! I travel Rt. 60 from Charleston, then Rt. 16 for twisties, without speed traps of Ansted.

I applaud your skill and perseverance!

It would have been tempting for me to contact the Giants, alert them of the find, and determine the interest and size of the reward for the return of the ring. If insufficient interest, I would have kept the ring.

Banner Find; Banner Treasure Hunter!

:thumbsup:

[/quote
Hello Chirper97

We love Fayetteville. We grew up in Montgomery, WV and moved to Fayetteville in 1968. It has been a blast living here. I have eaten in the Cathedral Cafe quite a few times. Real Good Food indeed. Yeah, I know what you mean about the SB ring. The NY Giants were not too friendly. They wanted me to fed ex the ring with standard insurance. I told them I didn't want to sent it and to have the owner call me. They had the owner to call me and he also wanted me to fed ex it. I told him he could at least come down and get the ring. I told him he could meet me at the airport and I would give it to him. The NYG owners said the player didn't have much, and you could tell they were trying to get the ring back without having to give a reward. The player finally decided to come in and meet me. He and his girlfriend met me at the Holiday Inn in Oak Hill and I gave the ring to him. I knew I would give the ring back to him when I found it and it had his name and number on it. I just couldn't keep it or sell it. I know my Pa would have given him back his ring. I really enjoyed the whole ordeal. It was so fun to find the ring. It topped anything I've ever found with my Minelab. BMW MC are really neat. I know there are clubs that travel together in real large groups. I've seen them at different places. Bound to be lots of fun. Thanks for the banner vote, my TH friend. I would like to make the banner. Have a good one and look us up when in Fayetteville. Good Luck Hunting ! Steviewhite-Fayetteville, WV]

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Freaking incredible! I think if it were my ring that was returned, I would of at least bought you dinner?

Brian

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

baspinall said:
Freaking incredible! I think if it were my ring that was returned, I would of at least bought you dinner?

Brian
[/quote

Hello Brian,

Dinner would have been a nice gesture. Some people just don't have any respect for others. I have noticed it with some of the younger people in the world. Don't get me wrong, there are some real good young people, but seems to be dwindling as time goes on. Hope the world changes and things begin to improve. It could be sad if it doesn't. Thanks for you comments, my TH friend. Good Luck and Good Detecting. Steviewhite-Fayetteville, WV]

Twin Digger

Feb 13, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

you are the hero!!!!!

Nice job...

OP
OP
steviewhite

steviewhite

Aug 25, 2008
West Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Twin Digger said:
you are the hero!!!!!

Nice job...
[/quote

Hello Twin Digger, Thanks for the nice comment, my TH friend. I'm sure you would have done the same thing. Treasure Hunters are a special group of people. We just don't dig big holes. Take Care, Good Detecting. Steviewhite -Fayetteville, WV]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread