OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Rewarding Craig's list lead

I appreciate all the posts. I'm getting the warm and fuzzy feeling all over again. :icon_sunny:

This is the third ring I've found and returned in the past year and a half (2 class rings and 1 wedding ring).

Up to this point, I've returned 4 rings to their owners. It's fun doing stuff like that.

Most people are just amazed that you found their ring, are honest and want to return it and go through the trouble to track them down.

She said getting the ring back made her day. She said when she talked to her husband, he was excited to hear his ring was coming back home. All that done with my metal detector, I like that.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You've probably paid for at least one of your metal detectors with all the rings that you returned with the rewards (I don't remember if you received rewards for the others).  At least you have done good deeds and made many peoples days including yours.

Again congratulations on doing a good thing.

JP

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You are awesome. great to hear you used your talents to help someone. Well done.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on finding the ring and now becoming one of the Good Guys. It is always nice to return
rings. Sometimes they are a little harder to find than the one you found.

Case in point, a friend of mine, the mayor of our town called me last week and told me of a friend of his
lost his wife's wedding rings. She put them on the back of her husbands car along with a watch and forgot
they were there. The husband went to town and yep you guessed it lost the jewelry.

My partner and I went looking for them last weekend. The temp. was 20 degrees. He took us a ride and showed us where he thought they might have fallen. The area is only 4 miles, I say again 4 miles long.
Well needless to say, we only hunted about an hour in the cold weather, walked and searched both sides of the road for a quarter of a mile, and no rings yet. We are going back, probably many times and search for the rings. Hopefully we will find some of them. She lost a total of 3 rings and a watch and a pair of glasses.

I think maybe her husband should buy her a really nice Christmas gift. LOL

Again, Congrats on finding the ring.

HH,Ringfinder

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for all of the replies everybody. Hopefully all of you have the pleasure of returning a lost item to their rightful owner this year. Good luck and HH

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector

Good going, may your hunts be plentiful. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions