Three rings...

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
First was a class ring found in our local swimming hole. We went through the school and found the lady who was glad and sent a nice article about getting her ring back to the newspaper.

Next was a guy I worked with heard talk of metal detecting so asked if I would look for his ex girlfriend's ring she threw across a yard in a lover's quarrel. This was an apartment complex and a very small yard which I got no signal of a ring, so asked him to go through the motions she did when tossing the suspect. He did and I walked right to where it stopped rolling across the concrete drive-thru to Chuckie's Chicken and had been ran over by countless cars.

Recently parked my Jeep at the local quick mart and there was a men's gold wedding band laying there on the concrete, out some distance from the gas pumps. On going inside I asked the clerk if anyone had reported a lost ring. Her eyes got big and she produced a piece of paper with name and phone number of a guy in Florida. So I call the number and it was the man's son. They were travelling and had pulled in there with a motor home and did some sort of checking the rig before getting on the road. He had contacted every place they could remember stopping in hopes of finding the ring. I mailed it and a few weeks got a nice card in the mail with a reward. His wife had passed on and the ring meant alot so he was ever so grateful for its return!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
That is just awesome! You sure made the day of several families! Congrats on some great finds and kudos for helping folks out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread